torsdag 11 augusti 2011

In Style: Jamie Bower ponders who would win between Team Twilight and Team Potter



PhotobucketInStyle caught up with the gorgeous Jamie Campbell Bower to chat all things Camelot and beyond...
Gorgeous actor Jamie Campbell Bower stopped by for a chat with InStyle about all things Camelot and his future plans.


You play Arthur in Camelot - did you do a lot of research for the role?
I did a bit of research. Above and beyond anything I wanted this character to be real and to be a boy so what it really boiled down to was what experience can I draw from my own life that will make this character real and they wanted to modernise it in a way. People forget that this character may not have actually existed, there’s no factual evidence that he was even born, so while you can draw on literature, most of it is historical and includes possible facts about battles - not so much about the man, so watching someone else’s portrayal of that character doesn’t really help.


And had you ridden a horse before?
I had. I rode on my second job which was a crazy Dutch film and then I rode on this film called Anonymous which I did with Roland Emmerich.

A lot of your roles seem to be quite fantastical - Harry Potter, Twilight, even Sweeney Todd, would you like to do a role that was just simply a guy living now?
If it was a good story I would jump at the chance, it just so happens that most things that I’ve done has been that sort of supernatural role. But that’s because it’s a good story. I’ve just got a new project, which is a fantasy series, so for the near future it's all fantastical.


You’ve been in both Harry Potter and Twilight, was it a different experience on each set?
Every job is different. My time on Harry Potter was very, very short, whereas my time on Twilight was quite long and extended. Every job brings a new life experience. I was able to come back home when I was in Potter, whereas when I was in Twilight I was out in Baton Rouge and Vancouver for five months together. Every job should just bring something new and exciting and should help you grow.


Who would win the battle between team Twilight and team Potter?
Now, I got asked this question the other day, but if it was just the two leads – Edward vs Harry. I said Edward would win in that situation, because once you get the wand out of Harry’s hand, he’s dead. But, you’ve thrown a new dynamic into it because if it was a team battle, honestly then, I don’t know. I probably have to say the vampires again, they do move at super speed but the other guys have wands and you can stand back, you don’t have to get so close. Who knows? It’s a debate that philosophers have been thinking about for years now!


Who would you like to work with in the future?
There’s loads of people I’d love to work with, crikey! I’d love to work with Cate Blanchett. But maybe I wouldn’t like to act with her, maybe I’d like to just stand or be a camera man or a grip because I don’t think I’d be up to her standard. But I’d love to watch her work in a very visual way. Who else? I’d love to work with Tim Burton again, now that I’m older and wiser and ask him more questions.


The first series of Camelot is now available to buy on DVD from Entertainment One - we're buying ours now!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...