onsdag 8 maj 2013

Interview: Nikki Reed Designs Jewelry Line for 7 For All Mankind

 photo 5-8_zps0a925d21.jpg   

Nylon As if a successful career as both an actress and a musician doesn't keep her busy enough, Nikki Reed's adding another profession to resume: Jewelry Designer.

The LA-based actress teamed up with luxe denim house 7 For All Mankind to create a unique 5-piece jewelry collection. Mixing a dash of Reed vintage bohemia, with a dose of 7FAM' classic coolness, the pieces chic without being too precious, eccentric without being too indie, and will definitely look rad when layered with the rest of your go-to pieces.

What inspired the style of the collection?

 
When I designed my first collection with Mattlin Era, a lot of my inspiration came from my family--well, everyone in my family is an artist. With this collection, I was actually just making stuff that felt more fashion-inspired as opposed to family-inspired.

What's your favorite piece from the collection? 

 
It's so hard to say! My husband definitely likes the Starry Night necklace. It can go with a number of different outfits. I really wanted something to go with a button-up collared shirt and rest right under the collar, so I'm really happy with that.

How do you recommend styling the pieces?

 
I like to design things you can mix and match. I think everything [in this collection] can be be dressed up or dressed down. I can wear it with fancy diamonds or next to my five dollar ring that I got from bubblegum machine when I was five.

What's the one thing you want people to know about the collection? 

 
That I actually designed everything myself. Considering what a lot other celebrities do when they put their name on something, I think this was a more unique process and something that you don't see too often.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...