fredag 30 augusti 2013

Kristen's New Interview - Talks about Florabotanica & Fashion

 photo IMG_20130829_0024161_zps7d1e9b24.jpg

What does the Balenciaga brand represent to you & what do you like the most about it?

Honestly it is evocative. It makes you think. It always strikes a perfect balance between elegance and modernity or represents a stark version of either. Which I love! Completely unafraid. The brand, because of its sense of very unexpected creativity, manages to really LEAD the WAY while remaining very true to its artistic initiative. I love the fact that wearing Balenciaga makes you feel unique.

How would you describe the Balenciaga woman? What's her style? Do you recognize yourself into that woman?

She is free. One can tap into qualities they might not know they have wearing Balenciaga. For me its a boldness. A very seductive assertiveness. I recognise myself when I wear it, which is important.

What is your relationship with fashion?

I am very comfortable with it. I am usually one for simplicity and my style is casual most of the time, but I like to go just as far in the other direction. I love pushing boundaries and bringing different aspects of myself to the surface with what I wear.

How do you feel about being the face of this fragrance? To what extent is this new fragrance faithful to your personality?

It is a huge honour for me as I’ve always loved this brand. The fragrance is everything I like; it is natural, feminine, and original. Three things I value very much.

How would you describe this fragrance? What do you like about it?

For me the fragrance is refined yet assertive. Its floral nature makes it alive and young.

What about the design of the bottle?

The bottle is very modern and intriguing. I'd love to see a massive structure of the same design. They really went for it; of course. I want to know what that bottle has inside it.

According to you what makes a good fragrance?

For me, a good fragrance has to take you by surprise. Most importantly it has to be natural: aromatically and in spirit. Sometimes wearing the right scent can give you an unexpected sensuality.

Are you wearing fragrance?

Yes. I feel that wearing a fragrance adds the final touch to your look... very nice experience

Source: Cosmopolitan UK Via: itsoktobeyou

Kristen Stewart might be best known for her role as Bella in the Twilight series, but her vitae speaks to her many acting accomplishments. She’s been Joan Jett and Marylou, but, to designer Nicolas Ghesquière, she is also the quintessential Balenciaga girl. Recently tapped to be the face of the Florabotanica Balenciaga fragrance, Stewart has gotten to spend time with one of her favorite brands and designers, and has worked hard to understand the essence of the Balenciaga name. She is nothing if not a thoughtful and intelligent young woman – a fact that becomes radiantly clear in this interview.

When asked what she identified with most in Balenciaga, Stewart responded, “Honestly it is evocative. It makes you think. It always strikes a perfect balance between elegance and modernity or represents a stark version of either – which I love. The brand, because of its sense of very unexpected creativity, manages to really lead the way while remaining very true to its artistic initiative. I love the fact that wearing Balenciaga makes you feel unique.” For fans of the brand, it’s clear to see that she nails its ethos.

Beyond understanding Balenciaga, Stewart understands how she fits into the framework; “I recognize myself when I wear it, which is important,” she shares. The Florabotanica fragrance, which she describes as “refined yet assertive”, embodies the youthful exuberance of Stewart herself. “The fragrance is everything I like,” she describes, “it is natural, feminine, and original – three things I value very much.” For Stewart, working with a brand she admires and a fragrance she loves is an “honor”, and so is it to work with Nicolas Ghesquière. “Nicolas has a creative energy that is undeniably magnetic and very igniting, utterly contagious and inspiring. Being around Nicolas in his element is one of my most valued experiences. He is such a sweet person, so professional, and one of my all-time favorite artists. It was a very nice experience.”

Source: savoirflair via: itsoktobeyou

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...