fredag 7 maj 2010

Robert Pattinson Forgets His Accent, Talks “Bel Ami” to Hungarian Media


In one of yesterday’s posts, we learned that Rob forgets his lines, and now he’s quoted in a Hungarian article as saying that that’s not all he forgets:

“I have not been speaking [with a British accent]; ironically now I’m playing a British person and I need it. So now I’m out of practice,” he says.

Sorry for the rough translation. You can get the gist of what he says, though.
Robert Pattinson, in recent years, has so often played Americans that he has almost forgotten how to speak with a British accent. Thanks to the Twilight series, the teen-idol has become the number one actor in the movies. He can be seen today in “Remember Me,” shot in New York.
“I have not been speaking it; ironically now I’m playing a British person and I need it. So now I’m out of practice,” he says.

Remember Me: a combination love story and family drama in which two young people from broken families are attracted to each other–but this is not a normal “love story” love story.

“The storyline of the film doesn’t fall within a single category. When a man meets someone with whom he falls in love, it does not necessarily mean that everything from then on will be all rosy. The majority of the people think he should go to therapy, because they think he ought to be constantly happy.”

The actor is not helped by his life of filming in New York or the paparazzi, or by the fans of Twilight.
“The first two weeks were terrible, but I’m starting to get used to it. Some things you have to shut out and learn from. I tried to put the rage into the character development.”

The actor is currently working on Bel Ami: Guy Maupassant’s novella. “I shot the film because I liked the idea of being the character; the role takes away from Edward, the vampire role. –Ironically, this role is: a women-crazy character, who takes everything. My character in Twilight is the opposite of radical.”


Metropol via RPattzScene

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...