fredag 4 juni 2010

Kristen Stewart Demonstrates The Cuteness Of Strategic Hair Wisps

Now here's a topic we actually have never discussed at length here on the beauty blog (at least as far as I can recall, or as far as my site searches show!): the importance and prettifying powers of strategically placed hair wisps.

The thought suddenly occurred to me when I saw these photos of Kristen Stewart out promoting "Twilight Saga: Eclipse" in South Korea yesterday. For the premiere, she swept her hair into a sleek pony but left some small pieces free, most notably a strategic wisp in front of her left ear.


Photobucket

For the press conference, she wore her hair down but tucked it behind her ears, letting the same cute wisp stand out.

Photobucket

Wisps are a subtlety, to be sure, but these shots of Kristen reminded me how they do make a real difference in how a hairstyle looks--they lend it a kind of casual-chic air. It's like, "Oh, this little hairstyle? It took no effort at all." Even when we all know it did (at least in these cases).

Personally, I always request a few long face-framing strands when I get a haircut so I can pull wisps out of my ponytail or bun. I blowdry them separately to make sure they will stay frizz-free and have the perfect amount of bend at the ends.

Glamour

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...