söndag 11 juli 2010

new interview with Jackson Rathbone for Vanity Fair Italy (translated with google)

Photobucket


When I began interviewing Jackson Rathbone and was drinking his second beer and pack of cigarettes was almost empty. Sounds like a good guy , maybe a little loose but has nothing in common moderate behavior Jasper Hale , his character in Twilight. If Jasper Hale , the brother of Edward, finally decided to become a vegetarian vampire and the rest of the Cullen family members and renounces his desire for human blood, Jackson Rathbone does not intend to stop drinking or smoking snuff , or live a carefree life .
It is difficult to say whether it is a mask of the young American actor who defines himself as an artist because he plays in his band called 100 Monkeys , loves photography, painting and also writes his songs, or if it is really so. Perhaps its beginnings as an artist is related to how he lived his childhood, is the son of an engineer in Texas and was born in Singapore, grew up in Indonesia , California , Norway ( where he lived for four years) and Texas.
But in the end we do not talk too much about the series to be released on June 30 , although his character Eclipse has a more important role . Jasper is going to lead the fight against an army of vampires neophytes and really dangerous .
And he is the only one who can because in 1863 he became a vampire during the American Civil War , killing vampires trained neophytes.


Let's talk about Twilight. Edward falls for Bella. But it is a vampire and be with her mean to kill her. Among women who hurt you and be with her or lose her forever , what would it be?
The kill . No, I would not, I would kill myself. Seriously, do not know. Life is complicated and now I'm just trying to understand love .

What is the first definition of love?
It's like whiskey : it makes you warm inside, burning your lips. I would like to take more and more but if you abuse you feel sick .

Trying to be more practical , do not dislike drinking right?

I love whiskey. Some time ago , me and a mate play group to drink. With each glass, a different whiskey . But I did not dislike the tequila.

For someone like you, a health fanatic hyper , Los Angeles is not a good place to live.

I hope to return to Texas in three or four years . I love the outdoors, the sky dotted with stars and people. People are direct and open . You do what you want unless you hurt someone. And about smoking , it is wrong that a state prohibited by law. Each club has to be free to decide what to do.

How is your life off the set ?

Live here a while and sometimes there. I have not had my own apartment in years. I prefer to stay in hotels, but sometimes I sleep on a couch at a friend 's house , car or on the floor . As an artist I like to live an uncomfortable life , like being in another place. I prefer to know what's happening around me and think about myself.

I read that you're not going anywhere without your guitar. Where is he now ?

It's in the car, but I have this (pulls out his harmonica and plays ). If you do not play music with my hand. If I see a piano , I have to touch it. It is a disease.

How long have this kind of disease?

Since I was 14 years . I took part in a musical where, besides singing , he had to play the guitar.

What are you talking in your songs?

I speak of death, the devil , drink and women who cheat or " steal " another man : this is the way my ex -girlfriend.

Speaking of girls , why everyone loves a vampire ?

I think because people are delighted with the idea of immortality associated with the need for a purpose in our lives. I mean you need to know that the end is a goal, and only then would you know if you got to reach your goal. You do not live fully until you're dead, so the question is: If you could live forever , why do you live?

So why you want to live?

I live for art. I love to entertain people , make them smile and think. I love knowing that a small piece of something they see, read, or that can be heard is something you may think or do you see the world differently . Art is endless and I would like to make something I survive when I die.

And your favorite movie is Casablanca.

It is a masterpiece . Talk about love and war. But in the end , talk about a man who runs a bar and must choose what is important in your life. It's crazy to think that, when rolled , they had no script. It was written while filming .

Impossible today in Hollywood.

Imagine . They have a lot of fear.

You're writing screenplays.

I produced my first film, Girlfriend , and next year I would like to start a new story written by me. It's easy to write songs , but with a script everything is more difficult. I get lost easily and I have a lot of trouble keeping my thoughts together.

But you do not have many problems doing several things at once. I read you paint.

Not exactly . I take pictures in black and white with an old camera that belonged to my grandfather and then paint over. My father is an engineer and my mother a dentist, my parents has artistic sensibilities. One of my sisters is a sculptor and another pint. My little sister loves music and dancing. Would you like to be a dancer .

When you were little you lived around the world. You were forced to leave your friends and classmates .

When I was little did not have many friends because we moved a lot. Since then I spend my time with people who never see again : I know , we are well together and then move on. I like it. Always move on.

Still ahead with success? You look like a free spirit. How to adapt your lifestyle to the Hollywood lifestyle with bodyguards who have to defend against paparazzi and fans?

Think of The Beatles. At one point stopped doing live shows because the girls screamed so loud that they could not hear the music. Stopped doing live concerts but continued writing music and making albums. They found a solution. I 'll do the same . If I can not go shopping for the fans, buy online. At the end I'm a practical guy .

You say your courtship is the South. What do you mean ?

My parents taught me to be a gentleman. I open the door, she walks ahead of me. And I'm overprotective.

You have a girlfriend ?
I had a girl for a couple of months but my schedule became an inferno. At the end of the day is very hard to have a relationship with my lifestyle but I'm looking for. Because sooner or later I would like to settle down . I want a house, a wife , a dog and a son, a small version of me. Yes, one day I will.

source | via

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...