måndag 12 juli 2010

NEW Rob's Interview by Cinema "Still Robbing Our Hearts!"

In 2008, Robert Pattinson was just your everyday British acting talent. But all that changed overnight when he became the face of the perfectly coiffed and pale, brooding vampire Edward Cullen in The Twilight Saga.

In the wake of Twilight and its sequel New Moon’s enormous success, it has turned the Londoner into easily the most internationally sought-after pin-up idol to come out of England since George Michael. While Pattinson has continued to build his career with independent films like From Ashes and Remember Me, the 24 year-old returns as Edward in the latest film in the series, The Twilight Saga: Eclipse.

Robert first discussed how he feels Edward has evolved with the latest Twilight film. “In the first two movies, he feels desolation from reality,” he believes, “So when he finds one thing to hold onto, that’s where the possessiveness comes from. I think, as the series goes on, he accepts more of the contemporary world.”

“All the things that were deemed to be flawed before start fading away, and that’s how I’m trying to play him,” Pattinson adds, “He’s coming out of his shell a little bit in Eclipse, so hopefully, by the end of Breaking Dawn, he’ll be a normal 17-year-old guy, who’s just a little bit pale.”

Pattinson remarks that there is one subtle ingredient that he uses to truly embody the character of Edward.

“Probably the contact lenses,” Robert says, “They make me miserable, as soon as I put them in. That’s what creates the pouting and brooding character.”

Robert shared what he felt he had to learn that was new for Edward this time around. “I guess I had to learn how to run properly,” he claims, “In the last two, I ran in a limp slash-skip, and I had to look like I could run more solidly this time. So, I spent a lot of time on a giant treadmill, like one of those wheels mice run around on, and got filmed doing it to improve my form.”

Pattinson says that one thing he does share in common with Edward is his belief that everyone has a soul.

“I can’t remember who said it, but a soul and a heaven must exist because good people aren’t rewarded enough on Earth,” he believes, “I always liked that idea, if that makes sense.”

The first film Twilight introduces and develops the relationship between Bella Swan and Edward. The second film, New Moon, deals with Edward trying to protect Bella from himself by leaving her and a relationship develops between her and Jacob Black.

With Eclipse, the relationships finally coalesce into a love triangle. Pattinson describes what it was like to work more closely with co-star Taylor Lautner, who plays Edward’s now romantic rival.

“It was good because I never do anything with anyone, but Kristen [Stewart], except for brief things,” Robert says, “But, it’s about letting Edward have petty emotions, like being jealous of Jacob and not being able to control himself around him because he gets under his skin so much. It became much easier to play much bigger scopes of emotion, once you let someone else get through your armor. So, doing that with Taylor was great. He’s really good, too.

It was wondered if Robert ever got into a fight with someone for the love of a woman. “Yeah, probably,” Pattinson answers, “But, I don’t know if it was about love. It was more pride.”

It was then, wondered, if he ever competed for a woman with another guy, like Edward with Jacob in this film.

“Compete? No, I haven’t,” Robert says, “I’m not good at doing it. I just leave it alone. And also, if you are the one with the girl in the first place, maybe you’re forced into fighting a little bit. But, I would never be in Jacob’s position. Then, you’re just the guy that broke up the couple.”

Robert shared his favorite scenes with Lautner. “Some scenes, it was just quite cool to have him there,” Pattinson says, “I like the scenes where Bella has to reveal something about herself in front of Jacob and me, at the same time. It’s an extra thing to relate to. Most of the time, it’s just with Bella and she’s trying to convey something to Edward, and Edward is being totally sympathetic to her seeing another guy and seeing it’s not just about their relationship, it’s about some other person. It made it a little more interesting.”

One particular scene Pattinson went into detail with was a “tent scene” between him and co-star Kristen Stewart. “The first time we did that tent scene, I was really freaking out,” he says, “I don’t know why. I think it had to do with claustrophobia because we were actually shooting in a tent. I just couldn’t get it together. I kept forgetting my lines, and I was so nervous. I just wanted to punch anyone who was near me. We did about three takes, and Kristen was supposed to be asleep on the floor, and she saw that I was freaking out.”

“Half-way through the take, she suddenly opened her eyes and was just staring at me and kept trying to make me laugh, through the entire take,” Robert adds, “It’s the most serious scene in the whole movie. I just wanted to strangle her for the first two seconds, but then I could not stop laughing, the entire time. We got literally one take where it went right, and it was because of that. When I was trying to hold back, I guess it made me more alive or something.”

Robert discussed how he thinks he and Stewart create chemistry together so well onscreen as Bella and Edward.

“For some reason, I can’t understand anything and I think I’m going really into the depth of the character, when it just seems so obvious to Kristen,” Pattinson describes, “Her mind works completely differently. She can just feel things immediately, and I like to be more cerebral about things, in completely the opposite way of Kristen.”

“I don’t feel confident unless I know more about the reasons why I’m doing things,” he continues, “I don’t really do that for other parts. That’s what I do for Edward. But, since the first one, I always like to go in-depth about things.”

Pattinson’s ability to create chemistry with Stewart has been the basis for all sorts of rumor and innuendo for the tabloids of whether or not there’s a real romance going on about it. It was asked whether or not the actor understood the fantasy about it. “Do I understand the fantasy of it? No, not really,” Robert replies, “Well, I guess people like stories. My basic conclusion is that they just want everything to be about Twilight.

One particularly unique aspect with this film franchise is it’s one of the few to have different directors with Catherine Hardwicke helming Twilight and Chris Weitz helming New Moon. Robert discusses working with director David Slade this time around, who helms Eclipse.

More: thecinemasource

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...