måndag 4 oktober 2010

‘Exclusive’ Rob interview from dutch 'Poster' mag



Photobucket
Photobucket


Translation made by Thinking of Rob:


I did not like the way new moon was hyped!


As vam pire Edward Cullen, Robert Pat tin son did not only con quer the heart of his movie-romance Bella Swan. We had a pri vate con ver sa tion with the 24-year-old actor.


You are cur rently the most excit ing and pop u lar boy in the world!
I try to some how to deal with, but I can’t. You become a lit tle para noid, but to be hon est it’s fan tas tic. I now have the oppor tu nity to make the movies that I want to make.
There’s a lot of pres sure rest ing on your shoul ders now, there are even dolls and unau tho rized biogra phies of you…
That’s right. Because of the Twi light saga I’m always in the media. They con stantly ask me if I am not afraid that I’ll be ‘type-casted’. But I’m not afraid at all. Actu ally, it’s all about money. That’s how you will be ‘graded’. And if that fails, or if you want to do some thing else, like play ing small roles in smaller films, you will be ignored and for got ten. There is appar­ently only one or the other extreme.
You could sim ply play smaller roles …
Yes, I could. But I might not be in front of a cam era for ten years because I can’t find good roles. If you’re offered a role in an inde pen dent film, one you really want to play, there’s a chance that this movie will never be made because of finan cial rea sons. And that’s too bad!
What review would hurt you most? Were you sat is fied with the lat est movie Twi light, New Moon?
Noth ing spe cial would hurt me. I did not like the way New Moon was hyped. It was not about the movie, but about the brand. Chris Weitz is a fab u lous direc tor, I liked the film very much. That’s why I didn’t like that. I’ve been very lucky that I could play in this film.
What is the strangest you’ve ever read about yourself?
I remem ber read ing some where that I was preg nant. It was a story in a mag a zine. I think it was even on the front page.
If you would have 24 hours where no one rec og nize you, what would you do?
Noth ing. When I was in Lon don recently, I could do nor mal things, no one rec og nized me.
Maybe because you had a beard?
Prob a bly.
Why did you have a beard?
I wanted to go to an audi tion, with out every one instantly rec og niz ing me.
Do you have a fashion-sense and do you have a favorite designer?
I love Marc Jacobs. Actu ally I wear some thing from him at every pre miere. I believe that those are the only suits that actu ally fit me and look good on me. I also like cool and com fort­able clothes. Prefer ably second-hand. I go to second-hand stores to buy new clothes. Funny, huh?
How did all the fame change your life?
Out side the United States it’s almost nonex is tent. But if I’m in the U.S., I can barely move freely. Every step is watched closely by mag a zines and com mented and there are paparazzi every where. I can’t even use the reg u lar door when I go to a pub or restaurant.

What do you do when you’re in London?
I’ve hardly been there in the last three years. I used to live in Soho. Much has changed. It seems they have closed all the places I liked at once — the shops, restau rants and cafes …
Is it true that you were afraid of your fans when you were in Italy film ing scenes for New Moon?
I wasn’t scared, the entire city was taken over by Twi light fans and I had to take my shirt off dur ing film ing. That made me inse cure and it was painful! After all, every one was watching.
Are there any actors you admire?
I admire Joaquin Phoenix and Ryan Gosling
Has it become eas ier for you to get to know girls, now that you’re famous?
Although I became more self-confident and famous, it’s not eas ier! On the one hand, I am afraid to suc ceed with a girl on the other hand, I am afraid to get rejected. It’s crazy really.
You used to make music…
Yes, I per formed three to four times a week live before Twi light! Unfor tu nately I have no time for that anymore.
Do you use the Internet?
I love YouTube! I’m addicted to it!


Thinking of Rob

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...