måndag 18 oktober 2010

Jacksone Rathbone Doesn't Want 3D Breakng Dawn

PhotobucketJackson Rathbone hit the red carpet at the 2010 Spike TV's SCREAM Awards as one of the three Twilight Saga cast members in Los Angeles to represent SCREAM Awards multiple-nominee, Twilight: Eclipse. Before heading into the awards show, I spoke to Rathbone about Breaking Dawn, Twilight fans, his career, and about the possibility of at least one of the Breaking Dawn films being released in 3-D. [full interview with Rathbone later this week] Although Summit execs have said Breaking Dawn won't be shot in 3-D (which doesn't preclude the studio from deciding to convert the film(s) later on), the 3-D rumors still persist. Rathbone didn't hesitate with his answer of no when I asked him if he wants to see a 3-D Breaking Dawn.

"I like the through line. I like the way it is, you know? I think 3-D is an amazing element for certain types of films but I think at the core what the Twilight series is about is about making choices and to be with the people you love," explained Rathbone in our exclusive interview. "And I think that doesn't really have a place in the 3-D world. The 3-D world's more for that kind of action epic kind of quality, and that definitely is in the Twilight series, but I think it's more so about the connections we make in life. And I think that doesn't really...you don't need 3-D to show that. You just need to look into...you know, when Rob and Kristen look at each other as Edward and Bella and that spark happens, you don't need 3-D for that."

At the Eclipse premiere this past summer, producer Wyck Godfrey seemed to agree with Rathbone's take on the format. "We've talked about it. We've actually really explored doing the second movie in 3-D because Bella becomes a vampire, and seeing how the world is, so we're exploring it. But I think none of us want to feel like we're chasing a gimmick, and I think there's a lot of people that feel like everyone's doing everything in 3-D. And the truth is, this movie's about intimacy, it's about the relationship between Edward and Bella and I'm not sure it needs it."

Breaking Dawn Part 1 hits theaters on November 18, 2011 followed by Part 2 on November 16, 2012.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...