söndag 31 oktober 2010

New Photo of Alex Meraz and Charlie Bewley in Mexico + New Spanish Interview

Photobucket

*Alex Meraz – Mexican pride in ‘Twilight’

The Twilight film franchise is a cluster of nationalities within the set…English, American, Irish and Africans living in the same way. From amongst them Alex Meraz, who plays Paul, the temperamental member of the werewolves, as blood runs through his veins Purépecha, Michoacán directly home.

“My dad and my mom are from Michoacan, so you could say I’m Mexican but born in Arizona. I’ve always been proud of my roots,” the actor said in an interview yesterday on his arrival in Mexico City.

“I like reading about my culture and my family. It’s very interesting and very beautiful to me. I would also like to learn more Spanish, which he spoke as a kid, I’m very Americanized.”

Martial arts expert and dancer alike, Meraz studied at the New School for the Arts a little more about their Mexican ancestry.

“I know my grandmother from my mother was a midwife, and my grandfather was a kind of healer or shaman. I also know that I have a lot of family in Michoacan,” said the actor.

Also, the actor hopes to return someday to his native village, located in the southern part of the state.

“Since I was 8 years old, I wanted to return to Michoacán, and, really, I hope to soon. On this trip I do not think so, but maybe after filming Breaking Dawn, I can give back,” he said smiling.

And both he and Charlie Bewley (the vampire Demetri in the Twilight series) will be in Mexico today and tomorrow during the Hallow Fest 2010, the first festival of terror in the country, held in Expo Reforma.

“It will be really cool to live with the fans and see how they celebrate Halloween here in Mexico. It is something to be calm and just enjoy. ”

In addition, the actor pleaded fan of Mexican cinema, with two of their favorite movies "Y Tu Mama Tambien" and "Amores Perros".

“I have not seen a lot of Mexican cinema, I’d like to investigate more and see the underground, which does not reach the United States. But, definitely, Amores Perros is in my top favorite movies,” he said.

“Everything that has made me like Alejandro González Iñárritu and the modus operandi of Gael García. I do not know, as they are very realistic and dynamic, like me. ”
Meraz loses no opportunity for expressing his desire to work in a Mexican film, if anyone invited to participate in a project or give you a good script.

“I mean, if Benicio del Toro was able to act in Spanish (Che) and John Leguizamo also (in Chronicles), why should not me? It really is something I would like to do very much. ”
While waiting to be received by the organizers of Hallow Fest 2010 during his arrival in Mexico, Alex Meraz was surprised yesterday with an entourage of 30 fans clamoring for his autograph at the International Airport of Mexico City.

“I expected only two people, and I found girls screaming and explosive, like crazy to meet me. It was warm and a bit strange,” the actor said of his arrival.

“Taylor (Lautner) warned me about the Mexican fans. ‘Be careful, Alex, you do not know what you are facing,’” he joked.
On arrival, at approximately 16:30 pm, Meraz signed some books, photographs, posters, DVDs of movies and took pictures with some fans.

“I like to live it, see how you are and love your work. So I am excited about this weekend live more with the girls and boys in Mexico. “

Translation: themerazeffect

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...