torsdag 2 december 2010

Interview: Kellan Lutz On 'Meskada,' Vision Boards, and Playing Poseidon

Photobucket
As much as we might make fun of Twilight, nobody should doubt that some of us here are actually obsessed with the series. So maybe those people were jumping up and down when they learned they’d be talking to Kellan Lutz – who will be returning in his role of Emmett Cullen in the new Breaking Dawn series – about his part in the recent indie flick Meskada, which opened at the Tribeca film festival earlier this year.

What attracted you to a smaller indie film like Meskada after the Twilight films?
Kellan: You do these commercial movies: one for yourself, one for the man. I liked this film because it wasn’t a monster like Twilight, it was a small ensemble role where I wasn’t the big guy. You get to work with these great actors, and have more room to improvise and develop your character than on a blockbuster.

What I liked about my character Eddie was that he was really just a kid…he didn’t really know what he was doing. He makes mistakes, and has a big brother character in Shane, who he kind of relies on to tell him what’s going on.

This is Meryl Streep’s daughter Grace Summer’s in her first film, and you played her love interest. How did you two get along?
She’s great! A really good friend, and a really organic actress. I feel really lucky….like I don’t know Meryl Streep, but now I’m friends with her daughter.

We’ve seen shots of your outfits in the Immortals…can you talk a little bit about your role as Poseiden?
YES! You know, I make vision boards of what I want to achieve, and it’s exactly for this kind of thing. I love Tarsem…

Oh my god, The Fall was epic…

Exactly! And
Lee Pace is going to be in Breaking Dawn, which is really exciting. But yeah, getting to work with such a visionary director as Tarsem, and alongside actors like Mickey Rourke, Isabel Lucas, and Frieda Pinto is just a dream come true. I’ve been practicing my accent for the film. It’s British RP…or British PR, I can never remember which.

Do you have any weird celebrity crushes you can tell us about?
I’ve always been attracted to women really like Cleopatra and Aphrodite. Like Kate Beckinsale in Underworld.
I just like brunette

source

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...