torsdag 2 december 2010

Vew Interview: Kellan Lutz: More than "Emmett"

Photobucket


Kellan, “Emmett Cullen” Lutz is calling TeenHollywood from his sunny L.A. back yard where he is watching dogs Kola, Kevin and Nala, chase squirrels.

He’s soon off to Baton Rouge, Louisiana and the Vancouver area to continue the shoot on the two Breaking Dawn films but, on Dec. 3rd , you can watch Kellan as a small town hottie who goes down a scary path when he needs money in the crime thriller Meskada. We enjoyed Kellan’s portrayal in the film and wanted to catch up on that and other projects.

TeenHollywood: Okay let’s set the scene. What dogs do you have around you there in your yard?

Kellan Lutz: I have a shepherd/husky named Kola that I got from the pound. I love K names. Kevin, we found on the street. He’s a little Chihuahua and we rescued him. Then I’m babysitting this giant German shepherd named Nala and she is the most docile dog ever. My little dogs are like ‘Grrrr, what are you doin’ here?’ They all have different personalities. It’s really funny to share a bed with three dogs.

TeenHollywood: I’ll bet! So, let’s get this out of the way, you are nowhere near wrapped on Breaking Dawn, right?

Kellan: Oh I wish. I’ve got five more months on that. I’ve only done a couple of scenes. [We hear barking and a “No!” from Kellan]. The German Shepard is drinking water out of the pool. Not good.

Kellan Lutz and Grace Gummer in "Meskada."

TeenHollywood: You and Meryl Streep’s daughter Grace Gummer are a couple in Meskada and have a great love scene. What was it like to work with her?

Kellan: She’s a sweetheart. She is so precious and it was her first movie. She’s such a great actress. We both felt really comfortable, especially having a movie where you have a love scene on your first movie, it was great to be open and talk it out with the director ‘Are we being PG or R’?Just getting the comfort level down. She’s a really sweet girl and we’re friends to this day. I just loved the cast. We had a great cast.

eenHollywood: You are in a ton of upcoming movies. You play the sea god Poseidon and a Lacrosse player and what else besides Breaking Dawn of course?

Kellan: Yeah, in Immortals I’m playing Poseidon which has been a dream project to work on with Tarsem [Singh, the director] and Mickey Rourke. Then I love Lacrosse and that’s in A Warrior’s Heart with Ashley Greene, one of my best friends [he suddenly makes an “ooooof” sound]. Oh! My Chihuahua just jumped up on me. [To dog] You are sooo strong. You are such a cutie. Then I have Love, Wedding, Marriage where I play a newlywed husband with Mandy Moore which is a great new type of role for me. Then The Killing Game where I’m topless for most of the movie and I’m fighting and killing people. That was my Jason Bourne movie. Yeah, 2011 is going to be a fun year of Kellan.

TeenHollywood: What would you love to say to all your fans out there?

Kellan: I love all the fans and I’m just so thankful. There should be fans for every occupation in the world. I think it’s so important to make someone else’s day by just giving a smile or a thank you. There are fans who make scrap books and send letters. I love reading all the letters. I travel a lot and get a big box of them once a week and there is so much time on airplanes to read them.

They are so sweet and I’ve encountered some fans who are sick or having a bad time and a simple phone call can change their mood or day. I’ll call them. It’s easy to do. Even when I’m sitting in traffic, I like to give encouragement. I’m just Kellan but if their one wish in life is to talk to me, why not?I’ll send them a card on their birthday and say it was great talking to them.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...