söndag 24 juli 2011

Comic-Con 2011: Luke Evans and Kellan Lutz Talk IMMORTALS, THE HOBBIT, and TWILIGHT (Press Junket)


Can u Check Video OF Press Junket : Here & Photos: Here :D

After the Hall H panel presentation at Comic-Con, the cast of Immortals did press roundtables to further discuss the unique film from visionary director Tarsem Singh. The story follows the brutal and bloodthirsty King Hyperion (Mickey Rourke), who is looking to overthrow the Gods of Olympus and become the undisputed master of his world. As village after village is obliterated, the Gods summon a stonemason named Theseus (Henry Cavill) to fight this power-mad menace and embrace his destiny in a battle for the future of humanity.
During the interview, actors Luke Evans (who plays Zeus) and Kellan Lutz (who plays Poseidon) talked about why they wanted to be a part of Tarsem’s vision, the training they had to go through for the film, finding the balance between playing Gods and making them relatable, what they think about 3D, and how the film far surpasses what they imagined it would look like. Evans also talked about heading out in a week to start work on The Hobbit for a year and how excited he is to be a part of cinematic history. Check out what they had to say after the jump:


 Click here for the audio.

Question: Kellan, what attracted you to the role of Poseidon?
KELLAN LUTZ: It’s a dream role for me. I just love my character. And, I love that Tarsem made them young Gods, so we can have more fun with it, like we all did in our 20′s or 30′s. We’re youthful. If you’re a God, you might as well be at your physical and mental peak. I have a Trident, and the Trident is pretty cool to fight with, especially with our battle scene. I play Zeus’ brother, so it’s that brotherly love. I feel like I’m the fun uncle when Zeus is making all the rules and he’s not so fun. I break them, but I can. The sea is my domain, and I can go for a swim.


Is it a traditional looking Trident?
LUTZ: Everything that Tarsem does has to be unique, in its own way. The first Trident we had was heavy. I was trying to fight with it and was hitting myself and giving myself bruises, and that wasn’t fun. But, we found a great method and the Trident is definitely very unique.


Was there special Trident training?
LUTZ: There was staff training, yes. That was fun. I’ve done a lot of training. I love action movies and I’ve been trained in a lot of mixed martial arts, but nothing with the staff. We had really great trainers.


Luke, did you have training as well?
LUKE EVANS: I had chain and whip and hammer training. The whip was great. It was very, very loud and very noisy.
LUTZ: And you’re experienced in that, right?
EVANS: Yes, I have many at home.


Was it hard to find the right balance between playing the Gods as these powerful beings while also making them relatable, in some way?
LUTZ: You don’t look at them as Gods. You make layers. I’m a brother and I’m like an uncle, so for my characters, I loved playing the uncle role. I have a funny uncle, and he’s just who I go to when I’m in trouble and I can’t talk to my mom. He’s just always there to give me advice, but to also make jokes with you. He’s just always been there for me. That’s what I drew from. You’re just made into a God by the costume you’re wearing and the cool weapons and just being around the scenario that you’re in.


Kellan, what sets the action in this film apart from other action that you’ve done?
LUTZ: We’re Gods, so we’ve got to move fast. Playing a vampire is great, but we move faster than that.
EVANS: You move fast in that, right?
LUTZ: Yeah, we do, but not in a godly manner. We’re undead, so it’s in an undeadly manner. That was my first time seeing everything we trained for, at the panel. We shot that three different ways, with having actors in it, not having actors in it, and then having the stunt guys fighting us. It was really great to see them overlap it. And then, all the choreography that we did with our staffs and our weapons, it was just brilliant to see it, especially in the world that Tarsem created.


Does what you saw look like what you imagined it would?
LUTZ: It looks way better, and I already had it way up here. I can’t fathom even having a dream as vivid as what Tarsem creates. It’s spectacular, it really is.


Kellan, do you have any advice for Luke, about being in a huge franchise?
LUTZ: What’s that? A Nightmare on Elm Street? I don’t know how he’s going to do it. Twilight has been three months of work. The last movie was seven months and that was a little more difficult to do, but a year away, half-way around the world? We can Skype. I’ll let him Skype with me. It’s fun.


Read More: Collider

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...