fredag 26 augusti 2011

Ashley talks to Scene


This November, Ashley Greene will appear in The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn. In the first installment of a two-part finale, the brunette beauty will appear for the fourth time as Alice Cullen. She spoke with Scene about her personal and professional journey since the first film hit.
“With the first film, it was incredibly nerve-wracking because the fans had a pre-conceived idea of Alice from the book series. I knew I had a lot to live up to,” says Ashley. “Getting into character for Breaking Dawn feels like slipping on a pair of my favorite jeans. I know Alice inside and out and I understand her motives and her back-story.”
“I’ve definitely grown more secure in my skin, both personally and as my character,” says Ashley of the four years since the first film. “Twilight was my first big film and none of us were prepared for its success and what came along with it. Now, with three of the Twilight films and press tours under my belt, I know what to expect and feel much more comfortable with the process. This time around, I’m much more comfortable. I know I have the unwavering support of our amazing fans, and I’m incredibly humbled by them, the cast and getting to work under Bill Condon’s leadership. We joke that coming back for Breaking Dawn is like going back to our senior year of high school after a summer break!”
Before the release of the 2008 blockbuster, Ashley Greene arrived in Shreveport for the first time to begin filmingSkateland. “She had done Twilight so she’s done a big movie and she was just kind of getting out there,” saidSkateland director Anthony Burns. “She’s from a small town in Florida, so on a social level she just gets along with everybody. She was not pretentious, not arrogant, nothing like that. She came off as genuine and she’s very professional, very focused. And she had some very emotional scenes. She was so easy to work with. I mean, she’s just a good person, a small town girl.”
Released in May, the nostalgic ode to the 1980s was Greene’s first canvas to showcase her dramatic range. “When she came into the chemistry read it was pretty obvious that she had to be the girl,” says co-star Shiloh Fernandez. “When we were doing the movie, she’s very subtle. And I was like, ‘Wow, I wonder if this is gonna read’ and, yet I was also trying to kind of learn from her.
“She’s seriously complex. She’s really gonna open people’s minds to what she can do. I actually took a lot from her in terms of her ease and her calmness. Just letting things come and really feeling things,” continued her Skateland co-star. “She gave a fantastic nuanced performance. Plus she’s an awesome, awesome girl and it was great to have her as a friend there.”
The vampire franchise has since afforded all of its younger cast members the opportunity to mold their careers. “I’m incredibly grateful for the doors the franchise has opened for my career, long-term,” says Ashley. “I have the opportunity to explore a range of projects and characters, like Butter, which is a comedy, and The Apparition, which is a thriller.”
Butter brought Ashley Greene back to Louisiana’s most filmic Northern city. In the soon-to-be-released comedy, she stars as Kaitlen Pickler. “Kaitlen is a rebellious high school teenager, whose step-mom (Jennifer Garner) is favored to win their town’s local butter-carving competition,” says Ashley. “One of the things that drew me to the role of Kaitlen is that she undergoes a huge transformation over the course of the film, physically and emotionally.” The film’s impressive cast also includes Hugh Jackman, Olivia Wilde, Alicia Silverstone and Rob Corddry. “It was a fantastic experience getting to play this role and work alongside such an incredible, inspiring ensemble cast.”
With filming beginning last November, the entire cast of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn lived in Baton Rouge for five months. The capitol city is only a few hours’ drive from Ashley’s native Florida, but the demands of a major film’s shooting schedule is enough to make anyone feel isolated. “I’m lucky enough to have a solid group of family and friends in my life who support and encourage me, no matter what. They’re my rock,” says Ashley. She also brings along a companion to location shoots. “It’s my Toy Fox Terrier, Marlo! She’s my constant travel companion and a reminder of home. And Skype is an amazing invention to keep in touch with my friends and family.”
Her whirlwind rise after Twilight has brought her from virtual anonymity to international recognition, but Ashley’s roots in a small town have kept her humble. “My mom and dad, who I’m extremely close to, give the best advice. They keep me grounded and know exactly what to say through my ups and downs,” she says. “And my manager. She is a strong guiding force in my career, but I also view her like a sister. I know she has my best interest at heart.”
“I think most people know that I’m a huge fan of Audrey Hepburn,” Ashley said of her inspirations in the film industry. “I’m inspired by her as an actress, a style icon and a humanitarian. She had a sense of elegance and timelessness about her.”

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...