onsdag 21 september 2011

Interview with Taylor Lautner for Buzzine

Photobucket

Izumi Hasegawa: Glad to see you survived all the fans at last night's premiere...


Taylor Lautner: It was great. I was surprised by the outcome. I haven't experienced a premiere outside of theTwilight franchise in a while, besides Valentine's Day, so I was wondering what this would feel like last night. The energy was just insane. It was absolutely amazing. 

IH: It was all focused on you, though, as opposed to you, Kristen Stewart, and Robert Pattinson, right?

TL: It was focused on the movie as opposed to the franchise. I mean, we had a lot of people there. Sigourney [Weaver] was there. Jason Isaacs... Everybody. But it was a great feeling. 

IH: How is it for you to finally see your name above the title? This is your film. 

TL: It's different, definitely. It's very exciting, and I'm so proud of this movie, but I definitely can't take all the credit. I was surrounded by a ridiculously amazing cast. The filming process was such a team effort with the cast and our director and the crew. We had a lot of fun making it, but I'm very proud of the movie and I can't wait for people to see it. 

IH: How does the discipline that you applied to martial arts and bulking up for the Twilight movies translate into the discipline you need for acting?

TL: It's all the same. I've always told myself that nothing comes without hard work. This role specifically required so much preparation physically and emotionally. Emotionally, that was the most important part for me -- to be able to dive into this character's shoes and try to relate as much as possible to this journey that he goes on. And also trying to relate to the emotions that he has to deal with, but there was a lot of preparation involved in that. 

IH: I know you were gung-ho about doing the action scenes, but once you started the work, did you ever think, "What did I get myself into"?

TL: No. The only time I ever had that thought cross my mind was when I did the giant slide on the glass in the baseball stadium. I was so excited about that stunt and was so thrilled that they were allowing me to do it. But after, and I'm being honest, about 15 or 20 takes, I was like, "All right. Where's the stunt double?" It was fun for a while, but then you get a few bumps and bruises. That's about it. 

IH: What was the most fun scene you did in the movie, in terms of action?

TL: Probably the opening of the movie, where I'm riding on the hood of the trunk, flying down the road. That one took some negotiating from me to allow them to let me do that. At first, they were like, "No, that's not happening. You are not getting on the hood of that truck." Somehow I convinced them to allow me to do it, but then they were like, "Okay, but you're only going 20 miles an hour." I was like, "Come on, people. Haven't you ever heard of method acting? I need to be able to relate to the adrenaline that this character is experiencing." So we got up to about 50-55, which was not quite the 80 on the speedometer, but it was fast. 

IH: You talked about prepping emotionally for this film. What was going from Twilight, where you work with Kristen, to working with Lily Collins here? Because the onscreen chemistry is crucial...

TL: It is, and thankfully it was a pretty easy transition. Lily is so talented that she just shines on the screen and she shines on set. It was great working with her, and I can't wait for everyone to see her in the movie. 

IH: You two have the scene on the train...

TL: A steamy scene, yeah. 

IH: How was that? Was that a negotiation?

TL: [Laughs] There was no negotiation needed there. 

IH: But you had to be reminded that it was a PG-13 film, right?

TL: Yes. That's why the cut-off or the little "I'm getting hungry" excuse right before. It was great. We went for it, and sometimes those scenes can be awkward. It just depends, but thankfully it was all good. 

Read The full Interview HERE

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...