söndag 9 oktober 2011

'The Australian' Talks To Xavier Samuel About Different Roles & His Life

Photobucket

From source: TheAustralian
“I’ve been really lucky [in that on the films I’ve worked on] the people driving them are inventive and talented and have raised the bar for me to get better and look at things in different ways,” Samuel says about working with the likes of Elliott and Mulcahy.

His strong connection to Australian film productions and acting contemporaries is part of a larger plan for the actor, who sees the value in staying locally relevant. “I find the time here really valuable and important and not only for my state of mind but just to continue to remain a part of an industry that has supported me. There’s a tonne of great Australian filmmakers I’m keen to work with, if they’ll have me,” says Samuel, who studied his craft at Flinders University Drama Centre.

Rather than being typecast as the next Hollywood hunk, Samuel is positioning himself as a global player more interested in creative challenges than celebrity. “If I can continue to work in a way that challenges me or keeps me interested, I would be happy. It’s hard to think of an image of who you are and what you want to be. I guess it’s far more constructive to be yourself.”

Read more here

Source: via TeamTwilight

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...