onsdag 2 november 2011

Exclusive Interview: Peter Facinelli Talks Carlisle, Breaking Dawn, Bill Condon, and more!

Photobucket
Back in August, at the Cincinnati Twilight Convention, Angie and I had the opportunity to sit down for a chat with Mr. Peter Facinelli. We talked about tons of topics, including filming the wedding scene, how Carlisle has affected his real life, and director Bill Condon (about whom Peter had nothing but nice things to say). In addition, we chatted about Peter’s other projects such as Loosies, the White Bolger pic he’s working on, and his involvement with charity, specifically Alex’s Lemonade Stand. Check out the lengthy interview below!
Team-Twilight:  Several of the cast members have said that the wedding scene marked the culmination of the series and was very emotional. Did you find it was that way for yourself?
Peter Facinelli: I think it was the last day of shooting for us for first unit. But I also had second unit for another two weeks. A lot of those cast members were done with the movie, and I still had another two weeks so it wasn’t as emotional for me. It was emotional in the sense that it was a wedding. There wasn’t a dry eye in the house except for the vampires, because we don’t have tear ducts.
TT: Is there anything about Carlisle that you will take with you, that you will miss in particular?
PF: There’s a part of me that’s Carlisle, and there’s a part of Carlisle that’s me, so the two are kind of inter-meshed. There are moments when I am with my kids and I’m like, “OK, I have to show a little bit more patience,” and I feel like Carlisle has a lot of patience and compassion. So I kind of draw on him for inspiration sometimes being a parent. I could say, I’d take the scarves with me. I kind of left that behind in Eclipse. I don’t know if I wear any scarves in Breaking Dawn.
TT: Compared to the previous directors, what do you think Bill Condon’s fingerprint will be on the story?
PF: I can say that Eclipse was my favorite book, but Breaking Dawn is my favorite scripts. Bill is a writer-director and I think he worked with the writers to get some really subtle nuances in there. I think he also was fortunate enough where, because there are two films, he had more time to tell the story, whereas some of the other film makers had to condense the books. He was able to elaborate and fill in some scenes that might not have been in the books. I don’t think that it changes the book, as much as enhances. And that’s exciting for me. To have a little bit more surprises for an audience who is looking at these movies as based on a template from the book and knows them inside and out. So to have a couple more scenes that aren’t in the book is exciting. The books are told from Bell’as perspective, so the film allows us, since the film is not told from  Bella’s perspective per se, the film allows us to actually delineate away from Bella’s perspective and give perspective to other characters, as well.
Bill is a great actor’s director. I’m hoping our performances are strong. Other than that, I am not quite sure the tone he is setting. Because as an actor, all the bells and whistles are put on after. Like with Twilight, I didn’t know there was going to be a bluish hue, or the music she was going to select, or the quick cutting. You came in and you did your job. As you are filing, you are in the blind as to what that director’s vision for the outcome of the film is. So you just come and you do your part and you hope for the best. I’m like any other fan. I haven’t seen the movie and I’m hoping that they all come together. There’s a lot of pressure on Bill because, the first three, the fans enjoyed. And I am sure he doesn’t want to be the one who drops the ball. Yet, he has to put his stamp on it. I spoke to him not too long ago. He’s very proud of the film and he hasn’t taken the job lightly. He’s been living, eating and breathing this film, even after we finished, assembling it, watching the cuts over and over. That’s gotta be maddening at times, to be that immersed in it. And there’s two of them. I remember getting the scripts, and you put both of them on top of each other and it’s very daunting. You’re like, “We have to shoot all of this in how many months?” So even as an actor, it was daunting and a challenge. You have to take it day by day, page by page, and you hope that the editing all comes together, and the tone of the film is right, but I’ll be looking at it like any other fan from a fresh perspective when I see it.
TT: As a fan, do you think that it was a wise decision to split it into two?
PF: I think so. Every time I sign that book it throws my back out when I picke it up. It’s a big book and I think the fans would have felt cheated to have a more condensed version. Even if you look at the first three, there’s a lot that didn’t make it into the film. For us, it was a good thing that it was split. The filmmakers were able to enhance the book a little bit in areas you might not have expected. So I am excited to see it in two films.
You can read the rest here

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...