torsdag 5 januari 2012

New! Review of Bel Ami (French & English) by @_iwry_

Photobucket

As you know, Belgium had the pleasure to discover Bel Ami in exclusivity during the famous Ladies at the Movies night from the Kinepolis group. As a Rob fan, I couldn't miss it for the world!
By the way, my review is spoiler free!

Bel Ami is an adaptation of the novel of the same name written by Guy de Maupassant. I didn't read the book so unfortunetaly, I can't tell you if the movie is faithful to the book or not.

The movie takes place in Paris during the 1800s. Georges Duroy, a poor soldier, is in search of success and is trying to make money in Paris. His life changed when he met an old "friend" of his, Charles Forestier, who introduce him to the director of his paper, La vie Française. Georges is hired as a journalist despite is pity writting.
Georges soon find his place in the upper-middle class... especially with the women.

Let's start with Rob's performance : he's simply amazing!
Georges is a greedy character who is capable of everything for money. He knows women are not insensitive to his charm and doesn't hesitate to use that to manipulate them.
He can be a little psycho too when things don't go his way! But that's what I like in Rob's performance: he got this dark and intensive look that can make you melt! The best part is when's he mad... that was sexyyy!

Uma Thurman (Madeleine Forestier), Kristin Scott Thomas (Virginie Rousset) and Christina Ricci are also very good too. For me, the best was Kristin Scott Thomas who is excellent. Her character made me laugh so much!

But of course, as expected, it's not the kind of movie that's full of action and the rythm is very slow. It didn't bother me though, I never got bored for one tiny second.
I was surprised to see some funny scenes too, especially with the character of Virginie.

We also talked a lot about nudity and sex scenes in the movie... Well, there's some nudity (like Rob's buttcrak for example!) and an explicit (but short) sex scene. But it's just in the beginning and that's about all there is too see... Call me perv but I was expecting a lot more! lol

Anyway, I really like the movie. Okay, it's slow but based on the story, it's kind of expected. I don't think it's made for the general public but it should please those who like that kind of movie... and Rob fans should be thrilled by his amazing performance that shows how talented he really is.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...