tisdag 14 februari 2012

New Interiew: Casey LaBow On Breaking Dawn - Kriten Mention

Interview: Casey LaBow Talks ‘Twilight: Breaking Dawn’ and How It Took 3 Months and 5 Auditions to Get the Part
How cool is it to be involved in a set of films that people are just nuts over? Casey LaBow: Pretty awesome. Surreal, awesome, intimidating, magical… should I keep going? [laughs] I was very, very nervous when I first go to Louisiana. I was, I think, a little overwhelmed. I totally was like shaky and had the jitters and felt freaked out and everybody was so there to do their job but I was put at ease very quickly by everybody.
Tell me about your audition.
Casey LaBow: You mean the 5 of them? Sure, I’ll just sit back and listen.
Casey LaBow: Get comfortable. It took 3 months of them bringing me in and out. Come in with straight hair, here’s some different lines, we need to see it again, can you do this? And I was pulling my hair out. I was going to quit actually. I had come to the consensus at a certain point that, as I was crying on the floor of my shower, that I was not equipped for this kind of pressure. That I was just going to throw in the towel if I didn’t get the job. And I got it.
After the first audition, were you like, “This is awesome. I think I did great.” Why did they keep on calling you back? 
Casey LaBow: You know, I think there were so many people that needed to get in line on the decision. The director, the writer, the producers. All these people that had to come together and agree. For whatever reason, initially there was some resistance for me. But I believe, I think it was Bill Condon the director who really responded to me right away and fought for me. 
That’s a good person to have fight for you. 
Casey LaBow: It sure is. I mean, I think. I don’t know for a fact, I didn’t ask him. But I will tell you this, the very first day that I got on set – the entire audition process was video so I only read with casting. I never read for producers, I never read for the director. It was all video. 
Does that make it easier? 
Casey LaBow: You know what? It did and it didn’t. There was aspects of it. Like, “Maybe if they see me…” But anyway, the first day I got on set and I finally met Bill, the first thing he said to me was, “I’m so sorry.” 
Your character has these powers. When you’re auditioning and you see the sides and it reads, ‘Kate has to do’ something with her powers. What did you to to get that across? 
Casey LaBow: In the audition, the scenes were fake so there was none of that. And because everything was so secret they had you come in and they didn’t tell you which character you were reading for. They said you were one of the sisters or one of these sisters and they kind of gave you some brief light/vague description of what you were doing but I didn’t do any of the magical power stuff in the audition. I just did that on the day. 
When you’re on set and it’s your day, do you come in with a specific idea of what you want to do? Casey LaBow: It was a very collaborative process between Bill, myself, Guillermo Navarro and the special effects guys and Stephanie Myer who was on set the whole time, everyday. Which was really great because I got to be able to talk to her how she wanted it. It was a very collaborative thing. 
When you’re working with people like Lee Pace, Michael Sheen, Elizabeth Reaser and obviously Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart, what do you take away from them? 
Casey LaBow: Everybody is so normal and so comforting and you’re all sort of in the trenches together, so to speak. It was a lot of long, hard days of shooting and it can be taxing. Certainly Michael handled things with such grace. And Liz who has obviously done the three movies before this, so her perspective or her way of handling things was so like water off a ducks back. It was inspiring. I was super in awe of Kristen. She is severely talented and professional and committed and cared a lot about what was happening. I think she did a 10-month shoot and she worked like 6-days a week? I gotta hand it to her. And she’s so young! 
What happens with your character in the next film? 
Casey LaBow: I’m not allowed to tell too much. 
Yes you can. I won’t tell anyone. 
Casey LaBow: [laughs] I end up developing a relationship with Bella which is obviously in the book and I help her harness her powers. There’s a lot of cool scenes that I’m really excited about and I think the fans will be really happy. Read More Source
Via KStewAngel

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...