torsdag 5 april 2012

My First Job: Peter Facinelli

PhotobucketGrowing up in Queens, New York, in the 1980s, Peter Facinelli was anxious to get around. Too young to ride the subways alone, Facinelli’s dominant means of transportation became his bicycle. Which is why it came as no surprise that Facinelli entered the working world in an occupation that relied heavily on his wheels — newspaper boy.


“I wasn’t very good. I’m really lazy and I hated getting up in the mornings so my mom would get up, and bless her heart, she would fold the newspapers and put the rubber bands on them and then she would put all the papers in my milk carton basket that was strapped onto my bike. I would, half-sleepily like in a zombie state, deliver these newspapers,” said Facinelli, who will reprise his role as the vampiric Dr. Carlisle Cullen in “The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2.”


Although he could ride with the best of them, Facinelli had terrible aim. “The newspapers would land in people’s bushes and were wet and half of them were ripped up on their front lawn because when I threw them they would scatter. There were times on Saturday mornings when I would come home and have 20 papers in my cart, and I would be like, ‘why do I have so many extras this week?’ Then I would get phone calls because  I completely missed a whole block of people,” said Facinelli.


What’s more, he didn’t even enjoy reaping the benefits of his labor.


“I hated collecting the money because that was another chore. I would  have to go out on Wednesday and Thursdays and collect money. People always hid when I rang the bell and they’d always have their dogs out. I couldn’t get in the yard. I would collect enough money to pay the guy a certain amount of money. It was $120 buck, so I would collect $120 even and give it to the guy and if I ever needed money I would just go to the neighbor. They would be like ‘hi, weren’t you here yesterday?’  And I would be like ‘no’ and I would just go to the movies with that six bucks.


“When I needed the money I would go and get it, but I would never be the guy who would be like ‘I got 30 bucks this week, or this week made$ 20.’ Whenever I needed money I would just go collect,” added Facinelli.


“The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2″ will arrive in theaters on Nov. 16.
wsj via kstewangel

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...