lördag 21 juli 2012

Interview With Casey LaBow Who plays Kate In "Breaking Dawn"

Photobucket   Casey LaBow as Kate of the Denali coven
Q: Can you tell us about your audition process for the role of Kate?
A: I believe it was five [auditions], if I remember correctly, it was four or five. Initially, they didn’t tell us which part was for, it was for a “Russian sister.” We weren’t given the exact specifications and we were given these fake scenes that were sort of relevant to the story but weren’t actually from the script. They were sort of this rewrite to make it ambiguous so we wouldn’t know who it was, because if you didn’t get the part they didn’t want you walking away with any plot details. I went back in several different times, they wanted me to do different things like straighten my hair because they thought it looked too much like somebody else, then they gave me some new material. There were a lot of people who had to make the decision and everyone had to come in line. It was my part they had some trouble with because according to Maggie [Grace] and MyAnna [Buring] they just sent tapes in and several weeks later found out they got the role. I didn’t have as easy of a time getting the job.

Q: At what point did you first meet Lee Pace and what was it like working with him?
A: I absolutely adore that man, he is just a delight! You have to get really close to a person when they’re playing your lover, and we just got along right away. I met him on set the first day and the first scene we shot together we had already progressed quickly through the love story so we had to pull it all together right away.

Q: Can you go into detail at all? Will you shock Edward?
A: I definitely shock some creatures. Short of them actually giving me a taser to use while we were filming, they have to do some special effects on it. There was a rig and there were some special movie magic moments that happened. We had a really great special effects team on the movie on set and obviously people are doing post-effects in the editing room afterwards. I haven’t seen it yet, but I wish I could tell you more.

Q: You said you did some investigating online. Was is somewhat intimidating to come into this franchise that was so huge and had such a big fan base? What worried you the most and/or what comforted you the most?
A: At first I was really nervous. I discovered while doing press for Breaking Dawn – Part 1, and now for part 2, that there is something about the love for this series and for these characters that I really enjoy discussing with the fans. A lot of actors don’t like doing interviews and talking to fans, but I really enjoy it. You see their eyes light up because there’s this world that they identify with and attach to and enjoy immensely. It’s such an honor to be apart of that because there were a lot of other girls out there who were in the running for this part but for some magical reason I got it.


Full Interview: BellaandEdward.com via pagetopremiere.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...