onsdag 15 augusti 2012

Robert Pattinson Heads Back Into the Spotlight for 'Cosmopolis' NYC Premiere @THR

The star joined director David Cronenberg and the film’s cast at the MoMa for the Manhattan premiere of the futuristic thriller.
Robert Pattinson showed no signs of a broken heart on Monday as he joined Cosmopolis directorDavid Cronenberg and cast members Paul Giamatti, Sarah Gadon, Kevin Durand, Emily Hampshire and K’Naan for the film’s NY premiere. 
PhotobucketTHR Modern art met contemporary chic at the event hosted by the Peggy Siegal Company and Gucci. Celebrity guests were treated to Gucci sunglasses at the red carpet.
Pattinson fans camped out in front of the MoMa as early as Saturday night to catch a glimpse of the teen heartthrob turned serious actor.
Like the film, security was tight and even followed team: CronenRob down two flights of stairs at the MoMa into the screening of what may be the most dangerous haircut of the year.
Pattinson was all smiles at the afterparty at the Penthouse of the Dream Downtown as he mingled with Stanley Tucci and other friends while his security detail kept other partygoers at a distance.
Stanley Tucci, Al Roker and Deborah Roberts, “30 Rock” star Judah Friedlander and Miss USA Olivia Culpo also came out for the premiere.
Pattinson's on-screen bodyguard, actor Durand, was off duty for the night, but also joined the conversation.
"He's not as big in the movie," Cronenberg joked about the 6'6" actor who felt at home in the familiar role of protector.
"Ever since I was a child, I've always felt protective of my friends because of my genetic attributes," Durand said.
“This looks like a scene out of the movie in a weird way,” Giamatti said at the Dream, a rooftop hotspot with a panoramic view of Manhattan. He added: “I never think of it as a specifically New York movie, but it’s nice to have it here and I’m glad that it’s finally opening here.”
The film may take place in NYC, but was filmed in Toronto.
"Its really exciting to bring Cosmopolis back to NY. It belongs here," Cronenberg said, adding: "Spectacularly and wonderfully, none of it was shot in NY. It's a very modern movie. It belongs in the MoMa.”
The Manhattan-centric story takes place mostly inside of Pattinson's character's limo.
"We were in this limo all of the time and David had this microphone in the limo. He doesn’t give much direction so you would just hear the voice of God coming into the limo saying ‘again, again.’" Hampshire told THR, adding:  "And the one time he said ‘that was very good,’ Rob and I were so happy! It was like Simon Cowell telling you that he liked you – it was great."
The role is a departure for Pattinson, but the Twilight star said he was ready to take on the challenge.
"What made me decide was that the only thing that was stopping me was being scared and the only thing I could be scared of was being bad," he explained.
Pattinson’s character was decked in head-to-toe Gucci for his East-West tour of Manhattan in the film and the actor also chose a Gucci suit for his first major public appearance since photos of his girlfriendKristen Stewart embracing her Snow White and the Huntsman director Rupert Sanders surfaced. After being reportedly holed up at Reese Witherspoon’s Ojai home for days, the actor sported a dapper tailored blue suit and a clean shave with his hair slicked back for the occasion.
Based on Don DeLillo’s novel by the same name, Cosmopolis stars Pattinson as Eric Packer, a brilliant, young and wealthy Wall Street trader who embarks on a day-long citywide adventure in his limo to get a haircut. Packer is ostensibly on top of the world until a series of unforeseen events gives viewers a glimpse of his inner darkness. Pattinson, however, made sure to keep any inner darkness following his breakup masked behind a smile all evening.
Pattinson remained mum on his relationship with Kristen Stewart, but did open up to another Stewart earlier in the day with a taped appearance on John Stewart’s The Daily Show. Pattinson didn’t talk about his romantic troubles, but did enjoy some ice cream with his host and told him “My biggest problem in my life is I'm cheap, and I didn't hire a publicist. I'm going to hire a publicist."
Stewart advised the young star: “Here is my wish for you, that you get to handle your business in private, in your personal life, and I wish you all the best."
Gadon, who plays Pattinson’s wife in the film, made sure to keep Pattinson’s private life separate from her profession while on set.  “I definitely read any of his press and I tried to stay away from articles about him. My friends would say 'oh did you hear this about Rob?' and I'd say 'stop! I don't want to hear it!' because I didn’t want any of those opinions to inform my working relationship,” she said. 
Pattinson is set for a live interview to ABC's Good Morning America' on Wednesday.
Despite the break up elephant in the room on Monday, the night’s focus did remain on Cronenberg’s movie.
Cronenberg adapted the story from DeLillo's famous novel and confessed to THR:
"I really didn't know I was writing a screenplay. I really thought I was just checking to see if I just took all of the dialogue out and transcribed it, would it be a movie? And lo and behold, there was a script. It was right there," Cronenberg said of the script that he penned in just six days.
Giamatti has only one scene in the film, but it happens to be, as he describes, “a very long scene” and the last one in the film.
“I just thought it was a great part. I wanted to work with Cronenberg and I like Don DeLillo. You don’t ever get to do a 20-minute scene in a movie, so I had no idea if it would work and what it would be like. I liked the role too,” he told THR.
The actor added: “It felt like a little miniature play. It had a lot of movement and some interesting emotional stuff in it. It was really fun to do,” he said.
After the abstract and often violent content, premiere guests were ready for more lighthearted fun as they moved to the Dream to sip Ciroc cocktails and nosh on sliders at the low-key fete.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...