onsdag 15 augusti 2012

'Twilightish' Talks To Tinsel Korey About Her New EP Thank U @twilightish

Photobucket


From source: Twilightish
First of all, thank you for agreeing to do this interview, it's an honor for us. I've listened to the preview of 'Love Me Let Me Go' and I love it! Here are my questions

. I saw that you wrote all the lyrics. What are your inspirations?

 I think Love is always an inspiration. But, "love" in all aspects of the word. For example "Seize The Day" is about loving yourself enough to let go, and experience life to the fullest. Then something like "Break of Dawn", is about two people only having one more night together before they go on different journeys and possibly may never see each other again. So they'll embrace this beautiful moment till they must part. I think the whole EP is about Seizing the moment. My thought was "What if you opened the door you're afraid of, what would really happen?".

 Any personal favorites on the upcoming EP?

 Well there are only 6 songs, so that's really hard to narrow it down. I think "I Surrender" has always been a favorite of my, and now with the new music, I think it really came to life. Just the drums coming into the bridge, there's this part of my soul that I feel comes to life when that musical build up is happening. Also I actually got to play a drum along side the actual drummer; which was really cool :)

 What song can't you get out of your head at the moment and why?

 It's weird, right now I don't have any song running on repeat in my mind. Actually... I suppose lately the hook from Katy Parry's song "Wide Awake" has been popping in my heard every morning; when my puppy launches herself on to my bed to wakes me up at 6:30am. LOL

 Will there be shows supporting the EP?

 I'm planning an EP release show right now, and I would love to perform more. I think it will just be a factor of the opportunities that present themselves. But I definitely want to perform more now that I have an EP. Before when I would perform, people would come up to me after the shows and be like "I love your music, where can I buy it?" And I'd be like "Uhhhh you can stream it on MySpace" :)
 LOL Its nice that I can actually offer someone more then just that. :)

 Will it be released everywhere?

 It should be. "Letter" was released worldwide, so I'm expecting the same avenues for the full EP.

 Who/what inspired you to get into music?

 I don't know if it was a who or what, it was more just a natural transition for me being an artist. I've always done music, I can't remember a moment when I wasn't. I've been playing singing & playing piano since I was tiny.

 Who is your musical icon?

 I don't know if I have an "icon", but there are artists that have inspired my musical style, and they are Shania Twain, Sade & the band Portishead. I think you can definitely hear a bit of them in all the songs.

 You're given the chance to work with anyone in the music biz (living or dead) who would it be and why?

 Eminem! I love him. And I feel like he appreciates vocalist with the airy tone that I think I have. Plus I'm a huge fan of his. When I heard the song he did with Dido, I knew him and I could create an awesome song together. A girl can dream. :)

 Again, thank you, Tinsel. We appreciate this opportunity and we're looking forward to promoting your EP! Thank you so much Izzie.

 I really appreciate you and the whole Twilightish team :)

 Tinsel's EP 'Seize The Day' will be released August 30th! Check your iTunes store and of course, we'll keep you posted!

Follow Tinsel on twitter & on facebook

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...