fredag 5 oktober 2012

(Videos) OTR: Nikki Reed: talks 'Twilight' farewell, fans and music

ontheredcarpet While "Twilight" actress Nikki Reed's days as a vampire are coming to an end, she has plenty on her plate with her own jewelry line, a singing career and her new gig as an AXE ambassador.
Check out 6 facts about Reed, her "Twilight" journey, her husband and her new projects, as told to OTRC.com host Rachel Smith.
1. Nikki Reed is very sad that "Twilight" is coming to an end - but, she won't miss everything about the vampire flick.
"I'm not going to miss the wig - there's a lot of things I'm going to miss about 'Twilight' - the wig and shooting in the rain, and you know, in freezing cold, muddy ... the contacts. But everything else I'm going to miss - a lot actually," Reed told OTRC.com.
"'The end' - or whatever this thing is, the end of this, has been on our minds for a while," Reed told OTRC.com. "Because we knew what we were getting into. We knew it wasn't forever. But, I guess I didn't expect to be this sad. I feel, especially after Comic-Con, you know being on the last panel, and being up there with all of my cast, you know, that's sad."
2. She has set a personal "Twilight" goal that fans are going to love.
Reed and the rest of the film's actors are gearing up for what is expected to be a massive global press tour to promote "Breaking Dawn - Part 2." Premieres of the past "Twilight" films have drawn tens of thousands of fans. Scores have camped outside the venues days beforehand.
"I'm going all over the place, paired with different people, flying all around the world. I've always felt really connected to the fans but I feel like people are going to have to drag me off the carpet this year because if I don't get to every single person ... then I have failed myself," Reed said.
"It's so unbelievable and I'm never, I can't, I'm so grateful for this and I know that this sort of thing is not going to happen again in my life and I just want to sit there and just sort of soak it all in and say 'Thank you' in the only way I can with them, which is to give back to them what they've given to us."
3. Reed is the godmother of Jackson Rathbone's baby.
In the "Twilight" films, Rathbone plays Jasper Hale, the adoptive brother of Reed's character. The actor and his girlfriend, Sheila Hafsadi, welcomed their first child, a boy named Monroe, in July.
"That little baby," Reed told OTRC.com. "Oh my God, I can't even. Oh my goodness ... I was like, holding his hand yesterday and I'm taking like 40 photographs of his like, chubby little hand. I'm obsessed with every detail - I can't even stand it."
4. Expect more music from Reed - she and husband Paul McDonald, an "American Idol" alum, are releasing an EP.
"I have my EP with my husband, we're singing together, so we're doing an EP with duets and stuff that we've written together," Reed told OTRC.com.
In November 2011, the pair released their first duet, "Now That I Found You."
The pair recently released a new duet, "All I've Ever Needed." It is featured on the soundtrack of "Breaking Dawn - Part 2," whose track list was released on October 4.
5. She considers herself environmentally friendly, and is an ambassador for AXE's showerpooling campaign.
"I try, I do make an effort," Reed told OTRC.com. "I like to be, I'd like to consider myself, you know, environmentally conscious, and I was really excited to get involved with AXE on their showerpooling campaign, because I just feel like, finding, people want to be able to feel like they're making a difference, but they want it to be simple and they want it to feel easy and effortless and this is a great way to sort of be involved and conserve water."
"I mean we're here today installing low-flow showerheads but there are other things you can do, you know, you can shower with another person, so that's the whole idea behind showerpooling," she added.
6. Reed is coming out with her own jewelry line, Mattlin Era.
"It launches in a few weeks - this is actually one of my pieces [looks at her own bracelet]."
This isn't the actress' first time dabbling in fashion. Reed designed a pair of high-heeled shoes for Stuart Weitzman for charity in September.
Reporting by Rachel Smith, co-host of KABC Television's entertainment show "On The Red Carpet" (check for local TV listings).

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...