fredag 19 oktober 2012

#Balenciaga Q&A Kristen Stewart Praises Nicolas Ghesquière

Photobucket Vogue KRISTEN STEWART credits Balenciaga creative director Nicolas Ghesquière with changing her view on fashion. The Vogue cover girl praised the designer for being "rare and special" during a live online interview last night to promote the fashion house's new fragrance, Florabotanica - of which she is the face.
"I had to have a relationship with fashion from such a young age - you walk down the red carpet, and it matters. It's strange," Stewart said. "At first I just wanted to get it right, I wanted it to be smooth sailing and just to be able to do my job. Then I did a photo shoot with Nicolas and it was the first time that taking photos in high fashion felt like telling a story, that it was part of a concept - it wasn't just about something on the surface, it really evoked a feeling."
A loyal supporter of the brand, the 22-year-old was sat front row at Ghesquière's last two shows in Paris and is often seen wearing her favourite Balenciaga leather jacket ("It might as well be permanently attached to me - it's like a second skin.") Stewart described working with the designer as a "really personal" and "natural" experience.
"He's really one of the only guys I've ever met in [fashion] that makes me feel like I'm working for a director," Stewart continued. "He's really creatively impulsive. Fashion can be a very superficial, surface-level thing that is all about money and image, but he really creates a show. You can pull clothes out of a show and it's like watching a movie."
The Twilight star touched on her personal style during the chat, which saw her faced with questions submitted by fans.
"I'm from LA and unless the occasion calls for it, I'm a really simplistic, comfortable, straightforward dresser - I don't really think about it," she said. "I go anywhere outside of LA and I'm like, 'Oh God. I forgot to put socks on. I probably look silly, it's winter time.'"
Q&A Interview | Scans Here | Here

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...