måndag 19 november 2012

Compilation: Great BD2 Cast Quotes @starpulse


The 'Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2' Gang Speaks Out
 Starpulse decided to check in with everyone involved to get their cool take on all things Twilight.  Involved in these interviews are Director Bill Condon, Author Stephanie Meyer, Screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg, Producer Wyck Godfrey and no less than eight actors including Michael Sheen, Nikki Reed, Jackson Rathbone, Kellan Lutz, Elizabeth Reaser and of course the main trio of Taylor Lautner, Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart.  And no stone is left unturned – from filming the classic clash between the Cullen clan and the Volturi to thoughts on the end of the series it’s all here.  Enjoy!
On Making Breaking Dawn Pt. 2:

Bill Condon (Director): I thought the real challenge was to make sure it was a satisfying climax.  I was very aware of not only the two films that I’ve made, but the three that came before.  The film opens with an overture of all the main themes from all five movies put together and at the end I added this thing that brings you back into the spirit of all the other movies and acts as a tribute to the whole phenomenon.

On the new cast for Breaking Dawn Pt. 2:   
Melissa Rosenberg (Screenwriter): Breaking Dawn one was a very emotional story, but this one starts moving into action and it’s a much bigger story.  You also have all these characters in the book and they’re fun.Bill Condon (Director): Part of the casting process was realizing that everyone had to pop in a very short time.  So by the time they got onto that field you knew who everybody was and what they could do.  It’s a very interesting challenge because they don’t get introduced until forty minutes into the movie and then a half hour later they have their final scene.

Jackson Rathbone (Jasper): It was a lot of fun shooting.  So many new people, so many new vampires and new powers, which is awesome - like a vampire X-Men.

On their characters:
Taylor Lautner (Jacob): I love Jacob – I really respect him in so many different ways.  He has so many qualities to him that I would love to bring with me.  His loyalty, his persistence – he’s going to be a tough character to say goodbye to for sure.
Michael Sheen (Aro): When I first told my daughter that I was going to be playing Aro she said, ‘Aro’s bald – completely bald.’  I thought she’d be really excited when I said I was going to be in it, but in fact she was really annoyed because it was her thing.  But she got excited eventually.  My character thinks of himself as being this sentimental old fool and just enjoys watching the young people have fun...and then likes to kill them. (Laughs)

Taylor Lautner (Jacob): It’s always uncomfortable when I have to take my shirt off or something – because I’m always the only one doing it.  The weather conditions we film in everybody is bundled up in seven layers and I’m the only one in jean shorts.

Robert Pattinson (Edward): I still have the same frustration with trying to play it the entire way through right up until the last shot – it’s kind of a strange part.  Just playing a part where you can’t get hurt and you can’t die there’s no framework and there are too many possibilities.
On the finale of the film including the sequence between the Cullen clan and the Volturi:

Michael Sheen (Aro): It is set outside in a forest, so I thought we were gonna be outside in a forest for weeks and weeks.  When we did the costume design I made sure my costume was layers and layers and when I showed up on day one we were in a studio.  It’s all CG and green screen so I was boiling.

Bill Condon (Director): That sequence was the biggest challenge of either movie.  Battle sequences are hard – here is what’s harder.  Usually in a battle sequence you get horses and big flags and banners and you get weapons and you don’t have any of that here.  These people you can’t puncture their skin.  The only way you can kill them is by pulling their heads off so that became a big thing.  We shot it on a green screen stage in Baton Rouge.

Wyck Godfrey (Producer): When you’re standing on set in Louisiana in a giant stage with nothing but fake white snow on the ground, it’s hard to imagine it’s ultimately going to look like this battlefield, this meeting field that Stephanie had described – we’re happy with the way it turned out.

Kristen Stewart (Bella): I broke my thumb maybe the first or second day of our really intense action stuff, so that was really frustrating.

Elizabeth Reaser (Esme): I’m always very resistant to action.  I’m always afraid I’m gonna punch someone in the face – I think I did do that at some point!

Michael Sheen (Aro): Towards the last day of the battle scene there was this huge dance that happened where the Cullen team had choreographed a dance.  As they said action they suddenly went into Sweet Dreams Are Made of This and a whole choreographed dance routine which was fantastic – so that broke the boredom.

Nikki Reed (Rosalie): Toni Trucks is one of our new additional vampires and she’s a choreographer and brought us together for the dance.  We worked on it during lunch breaks - we really went for it.

Stephanie Meyer (Author): In a way I feel like the ending is off screen in the novel because we only see what Bella sees.  It was just a way of making visual what some of the other characters might have been seeing.  It does feel very surprising – I still have that moment where I go we did that didn’t we?

Kellan Lutz (Emmett): The last twenty minutes of the film are going to be really exciting for the fans – what Melissa and Bill brought to the screenplay and finally got up on screen is really beautiful.

Wyck Godfrey (Producer): We finished the entire series of movies in St. Thomas, on a beach as dawn broke and it was pretty great.  Just Rob and Kristen and a small crew shooting that midnight swim.

On Kristen Stewart:
Stephanie Meyer (Author): Bella as a vampire - the performance was really marked from the moment Kristen put in her contacts.  I know I was nervous and I was so impressed with her and she was really awesome.
Bill Condon (Director): It’s no secret that I worship at the altar of Kristen Stewart.  I’ve always said we made this as one movie and if you look at these two movies together it really speaks to the achievement of Kristen Stewart.  She would go from being this bad ass warrior in this movie in the morning and then she’d be emaciated in the afternoon – it was an incredible thing to watch.  But she was dying to play the vampire – she watched everyone else and said I can do that better.
On strange fan encounters:

Michael Sheen (Aro): The younger fans don’t recognize me from the films because I’ve got long black hair and white face, so people tend to not know it’s me.  Until some parent goes, ‘See that guy over there – he’s in Twilight.’  And then they go AHHH!  But they have no idea who I am or what character I play.

Kristen Stewart (Bella): Comic-Con for me was the first time I was ever hit with a wave of human energy that was like this is not a normal movie – mind blowing.

Robert Pattinson (Edward): I think it was the third movie where we went to Munich and the entire Olympic Stadium was filled with fans.  Just to walk in there and do nothing, I mean there was just supposed to be a Q&A but me, Kristen and Taylor just stood in the middle of Olympic Stadium with thirty thousand people just screaming for fifteen minutes - it’s absolutely bizarre.

Taylor Lautner (Jacob): It’s tough to choose one.  I find this one baffling that somebody would want to do this to themselves.  We’re at a signing and it’s kind of crazy and everyone is throwing sharpies at you.  Sometimes people want you to sign their body parts, so I signed this girl’s arm.  And the next day a fan shot me an email and it was a link to this girl who had my signature tattooed to her arm the next day.  I thought man that is dedication – sorry you did that.  Fans are passionate.    

Michael Sheen (Aro): I remember being in a changing room in a store and I was buying a new pair of jeans.  So I came out of the changing room just to look in the mirror and there were two thirteen-year old girls that just screamed at me as I came out – I thought I’ll take these jeans!

On mementos taken from set: 

Kristen Stewart (Bella): I took the rings.  Her mother gives her a ring at the beginning and it so completely reminds me of Catherine Hardwick every time I look at it.  (Engagement ring?)  Yeah, I have that too.
Nikki Reed (Rosalie): The only thing I have is my baseball shoes from the first movie.  I was too afraid to take them and Kristen went back for re-shoots and she brought them home for me.

On looking back:
Taylor Lautner (Jacob): I’ve learned a lot in the sense that I’ve grown up a ton because I did start this when I was fifteen-years old.  Also as an actor having the opportunity to work with some of the people in this franchise – plus I love the fact that we had different directors for each movie.

On their favorite vampire film or performance:
Michael Sheen (Aro): Willem (Dafoe) in "Shadow of the Vampire" and I love Gary Oldman in Coppola’s Dracula.
Bill Condon (Director): "Bram Stroker’s Dracula."

Robert Pattinson (Edward): I really like "Blade."  I wish people would make hard R rated fantasy movies again.

Elizabeth Reaser (Esme): I liked "Interview with a Vampire."

Michael Sheen (Aro): Also Frank Langella, of course who I did "Frost/Nixon" with was a wonderful Dracula as well.

Jackson Rathbone (Jasper): Gerard Butler in "Dracula 2000" – pretty awesome.
Via JRathboneFB PatStewBoneCT

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...