torsdag 25 april 2013

Nextmovie Interview: Questions and Answers With Nikki Reed

 photo 2-9_zps52bb19b5.jpgnextmovie "I can't move. I almost feel like I have the flu because of how much fun I had."

No, this isn't an aging star feeling the effects of the previous night's high-class Oscar shenanigans. It's Nikki Reed, the 24-year-old co-star of the "Twilight" franchise, recovering from a day spent, well, relaxing.

"I’m 24 years old and my idea of fun is going to my father’s house to play Yahtzee on a Friday night," she said.

Reed — who gave us a call while promoting her new film "Pawn," a hostage drama-turned-mob movie — isn't your typical young Hollywood starlet. On top of making movies, she also has an arts and crafts addiction, in addition to writing songs and movies — remember a little traumatic something called "Thirteen," 10 years ago? She co-wrote that just a few years after hitting puberty, based largely on her own wild youth. The now-married Reed claims to be in bed by 9, and gets vocally excited over things like low-maintenance plant life.

We caught up with Reed on her inability to relax, her extreme love for Hanson and, of course, Edward versus Jacob.

Am I interrupting your vacation? I thought I saw some beach pictures on your Twitter.
Oh my god, no actually it’s pretty funny, you did see that. That was yesterday, it was beach volleyball day. And it's actually my first day since I can remember taking a full day to do absolutely nothing but have fun. My older brother’s really good at making fun of me for just being a workaholic and never taking time for myself. Even when we go on vacation, I'm always working. And so my brother was like, "Here’s the deal, I'm planning a day, we're going to Malibu and you’re gonna play beach volleyball." I'm so sunburned and sore that I'm laying in bed all day watching old movies. I can’t move. I almost feel like I have the flu because of how much fun I had.

Fun's hard work, man.
It is such hard work. Oh my god, the backs of my legs, I don’t know if I've ever been this sunburned. Who thinks to put sunblock on the back of their kneecaps? Not me.

What movies are you watching today?
I’m watching "Gentleman’s Agreement" right now. Yesterday’s vacation has totally spilled over into today's. I guess this is what a two-day vacay is like right? But I never, ever do this, so it's a privilege.

It looks like you’re super-busy, you’ve got your hand in a lot of pots. You’re recording, making movies. Are you writing anything?
I am, actually. I'm working right now on a few different writing and developing projects all over the place. I have a lot of interest in developing a television series, so I've been working on that. And then I also have been toying around with the idea of trying to write fiction because with "Thirteen" and then my blog and my music, a lot of what I’m used to writing generally comes from what I see and what I feel. My dad brought this up to me a long time ago and actually my grandfather who was a brilliant writer and recently passed away, he gave me a lot of fabulous books that I haven't even cracked open on writing fiction because he wrote a lot of non-fiction as well, so if there was one area he wanted to explore it would've been this. So I kind of feel like for him also I should work on that skill that definitely doesn't come naturally for me.

So there's that and then we’re writing music and recording music and I have my jewelry line, my next jewelry line, my collaboration with Seven for All Mankind, and then I start another film in three weeks called "Murder of a Cat" and I have a few movies from last year hopefully coming out, so I'm definitely all over the place right now. Sometimes I wonder why I’m feeling tired and I get on the phone with my mom and she goes, "Because you’re always thinking! You’re thinking too much!" (..)

So you’re in this new movie, “Pawn.” What's your best pitch for people see it?
I would say if you want to see a film with some really great actors, some suspense, you’re on the edge of your seat, this could be the movie for you. I mean, I don’t really know how to pitch movies that I’m in, but I’ve had a really wonderful experience working with some of the actors that I worked with. A few of the scenes that I have with Ray Liotta, one in particular, put me in such a disturbing place mentally that it took me days to shake it.

If you had a mobster nickname what would it be?
You have just asked me a question that has never once crossed my mind. I should probably put that out on Twitter and ask my Twitter followers to contribute some ideas to that. What would my best mobster name be? Bugsy Ocean is my mob name. Oh my god, I love that. Now I might have to use that for something.

So obviously you were in "Twilight," I don’t know if you remember...
Oh yeah!

There are some pretty intense fans. Did you ever have some notable Twi-hard interactions?
Yeah, I’ve had a few that were really touching. I know it’s always more fun to say things that are shocking and people go someone did that?! But the truth is I think the boys, Kellan [Lutz] and Taylor [Lautner] and Rob [Pattinson] and Jackson [Rathbone], I’m sure they have better stories like that because the girls, they just really love our boys. But I’ve had a few really wonderful ones.

Just a few months ago I was in Scotland and Ireland touring with Kellan and this girl came up to the table to say hi and was just crying and I couldn’t think of what to do to make her stop crying, so I took my bracelet off my arm and just shoved it on her arm, kind of like what you do with a kid, like, "Here you go, here’s something! Let me give her something and maybe she’ll stop crying!" And then the crying got worse and totally escalated. I think I just enhanced the whole situation but now we’re Twitter buddies.

I know it seems really silly and that it seems like we probably just recycle these stories just for the sake of having them, but this journey has been so incredible. The fact that these movies have really had that kind of effect on people and their lives and that I had a small part, I played a small part in that, is just beyond me and it’s something I will forever be grateful for and that I’ll carry with me through the rest of my life. This is not something to be taken lightly. We’ve become a family with an entire universe of fans.

You were talking about people geeking out over "Twilight," but is there anything you geek out over?
What do I geek out over? I mean totally, I geek out over Hanson. Duh.

And one last quick question, which is it...Team Edward or Team Jacob?
It's a really heavy-hitting one because I go back and forth. For a long time I was Team Jacob because I really wanted Bella to go for somebody that didn’t make her sacrifice anything. But then obviously you want to be Team Edward because Edward’s kind of the best. He really is awesome and when I was reading the books, especially “New Moon” and Edward leaves and you’re heartbroken... I even remember running around on set looking for Rob because we were shooting the first one but I was in the middle of reading all the books and I was like, "I have to find him to know he’s still here!" I remember having the same kind of emotional connection to the books that the fans did, absolutely. Now I just want to be between both because Bella’s gonna do what’s best for Bella and we shouldn’t question people’s decisions. So I can’t be team either of them, I have to be for both of them. Full interview at source

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...