måndag 16 september 2013

New #DiorRob Interview with " Lefigaro" - Translation (France)

 photo PgvRU2I_zps7db330ef.jpg 
lefigaro.fr Translation/Transcript (via Google Translate):

Robert Pattinson, the impatient English
Portrait of the man passed through “Twilight”, “Cosmopolis” and Dior …

New image of the Dior Homme fragrance, the Twilight star refuses to be vampirize by glory. At 27, this idol so British claims his artistic ambition and a fierce appetite for freedom. Meeting with a gentleman new wave.

It is the star of the Twilight saga. He swears by Jean-Luc Godard. There is an idol hunted. He likes nothing better than a party with friends. It is inside. And pessimistic. Bold. And anxious. To portray Robert Pattinson is to highlight its paradoxes. And why this 27 year old boy, who was perhaps not equipped to deal with a cannibal glory, may give a particular meaning to the word “freedom.” Some are freer than others, not him, forced seclusion that seeks to shatter.

One year after the end of the Twilight saga, which propelled him into the closed circle of overpaid actors in Hollywood, the impatient English means other than in the translucent skin of a romantic vampire electrifying girls exist. To reinvent itself, this sensitivity is based on his instinct, his requirement Old Europe and its culture.
The Beverly Hills Hotel, the legendary Los Angeles hotel where Marilyn Monroe loved Yves Montand, it occurs in a suite overprotected away from hysteria fans and telephoto inquisitors. The bottom of the air is frenetic. The star is in the stronghold. Robert Pattinson does not forbid a movie this time, but a new role: the new ambassador of the perfume Dior Homme after Jude Law. A superb prize of war for the French house, since Pattinson is the young man of the moment, picture intact and planetary aura. It embodies a more boyish and rock’n'roll figure: it is very arty Nan Goldin who signed the clichés of the campaign.

Fact: Robert Pattinson has the charm of very shy. The outfit? A total look through walls (denim shirt and navy blue). The look? Diagonally, watching you nonchalantly. The words are hesitant, doubts and beliefs collide. Robert Pattinson shows the nervousness of smokers upset – “NO SMOKING”, we read in this luxurious room.

His low voice, weighing each syllable, the actor said his need to make a 180 degree turn: “When you’re hit by a phenomenon like Twilight, it is difficult to imagine then exist except in the minds of public. I really thought not get out … Such success can become a golden prison. I realize to be a milestone in my life. All the choices I make today will define my future forever. The pressure is immense, I constantly ask myself: is that you make the right choice? At the same time, I refuse to fear prevails.”

His transfer, Robert Pattinson has begun in Cosmopolis, David Cronenberg, last year. With this role overpowered trader who observes the end of capitalism from his limousine, he was promoted to another register. The serious risk of destabilizing his fans 12 years: “Cosmopolis is the movie of my life. Before, I did not consider myself as an actor, even though I had ten years of career behind me. I always felt usurper moved. I doubt very much. David Cronenberg has given me self-confidence, it changed the way I play and think about this business.”

The film was shown at Cannes, is praised by critics and gives it some credibility. Until then, his dramatic efforts had gone rather unnoticed. The curse of the beautiful? “Americans do not really know Cannes or do not care, but for an Englishman like me, this is an essential festival. Little, I dreamed before the images of the event and was collecting the award-winning DVD movies. At Cannes, finally seemed square, because I was there recognized by my peers.”

Since then, “Rob” seeks release links that hamper safe journey. He now reveals his artistic nature with bolder choices. It warned cinephile, Jacques Audiard counts among his favorite directors, has turned five radically different films, auteur cinema blockbuster smart. This is The Rover, a futuristic western young Australian filmmaker David Michôd (Animal Kingdom). Then a biopic on the Explorer Gertrude Bell, Queen of the Desert, in which he plays Lawrence of Arabia. It is also seen in Hold on to me, a drama with Carey Mulligan and Mission: Blacklist, a psychological thriller by Eric Maddox.

But the project that he is really glad that celebrates his reunion with his mentor, David Cronenberg, he has just finished filming Maps to the Stars, with Viggo Mortensen and Julianne Moore. “I happened to work with directors who forgot the way the idea of ​​the project. With David, it is certain that in the end there will be a film and a content, which is rare. After forty-year career, he continues to worry about what he does with the same requirement in its infancy. I would like him later.”

Presented as ” satirical extreme ” by the Canadian director , the film is a cynical look at Hollywood through . “This is a bitter , black comedy and downright funny,” argues Robert Pattinson. “The topic discusses how the actors and actresses can get crazy in this industry. It is tough but very fair .” In a great laugh , he added: “Obviously we are talking about stars that are no longer of this world, do not imagine that it still exists!”

Dangers of star system, Robert Pattinson not know anything. He who, overnight, has been an insane cult and is never left home without being mobbed by groupies dangerous . Him, whose every move is strafed by an army of paparazzi who stalk relentlessly. He, whose breakup with Kristen Stewart was described by the menu in a tabloid.
In an era that glorifies visibility and exhibitionists tweets Robert Pattinson tries to lock methodically regarding his private life.

A line of conduct. A matter of survival rather . “It’s violent, it’s weird … I have long wanted to maintain a normal life, one before Twilight . I finally realized that it was useless to struggle. It is no longer possible, that’s all. I think I would have liked to live success at the time when the Internet and Twitter did not exist. Today, anyone can take pictures anywhere and anytime, and make you say everything and its opposite by hiding behind anonymity.”

Born in London into a wealthy family, Pattinson is not the seraglio. His mother works in a modeling agency, his father importing cars. He has two older sisters . “My friends and my family are my balance. With them, no pretense is possible.”

Musician, he joined at age 15 during a theater, almost by accident. He does not try to build his legend posteriori , but says this initiative candidly : “I was a painfully shy . One day in a restaurant, my father overhears a group of pretty girls talking about their drama classes.” He said: “Join thou shalt make meetings. I did it … and it has not malfunctioned!” Four years later, he became friends with Harry Potter, Daniel Radcliff in the fourth installment of the saga of the sorcerer’s apprentice . Then … nothing. Three years of fruitless auditions.

When Robert Pattinson finally landed his role in Twilight, he was about to leave the cinema. Better than anyone , he knows that success is fragile. This is perhaps why it scans the back of his hand while outward sign of “staritude.”

Now, he’s the head of the A-list actors who have to Hollywood.On says bankable developed a film can be mounted on his name alone . He has fun . “You know, I still get castings to convince some filmmakers that I am the man for the job. There are a further six months, I was told no. In The Rover, I had to fight to get the role. I was hired and I hope it will be a great movie, because I loved the turn.” He said, “I owe a lot to chance. I never thought that all this would happen, but I have never doubted that either of beautiful things waiting for me. “

His obsession? Compromise. “I admire actors like Joaquin Phoenix and Daniel Day- Lewis because they simply do their jobs – and very well. These are entire cast , a crazy rigor. That’s all I want to be : an actor.” Robert Pattinson is free. And even his own reticence. So far, he fiercely refused all proposals for advertising contracts . He agreed to become the new image of perfume Dior Homme after Jude Law .

When it comes to explain this paradox , the star does not shirk : “I have always found dangerous for an actor to be associated with a commercial product because it vampirizes its image. But I grew up , I moved on. And especially Dior gave me carte blanche to conduct an art project , which convinced me . I love their boldness and creativity. I wanted to treat this advertising as a short film. Discovering the images of the campaign, when he saw me , I thought that maybe I was starting a new chapter in my life … “

Pattinson has chosen to work with French director Romain Gavras (author of Our Day Will Come , he also signed the highly controversial clips Stress, Justice and Born Free, MIA) . The film in black and white is elegant, exhilarating energy , its modern aesthetic – very New Wave – seduced , all to the sound of thunderous riff of Whole Lotta Love, Led Zeppelin. Sexy Robert Pattinson , who plays a man who wants to live a thousand lives intensely and madly love , knowing full well that there is only one. Nothing is forbidden , explore emotions, ignore the conventions … This is the goal of Robert Pattinson, and released in a hurry to write his story.

Photo @Gossipgyal Via/Translation StrictlyRobsten

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...