fredag 23 december 2011

Nick Frost mentions Kristen,Dwarf Camp, CGI Shrinking and #SWATH Dwarf Fights

Photobucket

Nick Frost on 'Snow White and the Huntsman,' Dwarf Camp, CGI Shrinking and Dwarf Fights with the 'Mirror, Mirror' Dwarves
Nick Frost, co-star of The Adventures of Tintin, told Movies.com that in spite of the ongoing competition between Rupert Sanders’ Snow White and the Huntsman against Tarsem’s Mirror Mirror, he’s actually looking forward to the opportunity for a showdown between the cast of his film and Tarsem’s. “Actually I’m hoping we’ll get together and have like a dwarf fight with the other dwarves from the other Snow White film,” Frost said in an interview Sunday in New York. “It will be like West Side Story.”

The forthcoming adaptation, penned by Drive screenwriter Hossein Amini, stars Kristen Stewart (Twilight) as Snow White, and an impressive ensemble of British actors as her dwarves, including Bob Hoskins, Ray Winstone, Ian McShane, and of course Frost. While even the title of Amini’s script suggests a different direction for the timeless story, Frost said he was drawn to the project because of another unconventional choice in Rupert Sanders as its director. “I think what interested me about Snow White was the fact that Rupert Sanders, who directs it, had never directed a feature before,” Frost explained. “That’s exciting! I mean, Jesus Christ, you’ve got a big budget – Thor’s in it, for God’s sake, and Charlize, and then you’ve got Ray and Bob and Ian. It was interesting for me to see how he would do this.”
Frost indicated that the dwarves brought some levity to the film, but said that he was excited to watch Stewart’s transformation into a more empowered Snow White. “We’ve seen ten or fifteen minutes of it on set, and it’s great,” he revealed. “It’s very gothic, and I think the dwarves try to bring a little comedy into it, and there’s heart to it, and Kristen Stewart’s great as Snow White. On the one hand, she’s fragile, and you want to kind of give her a cuddle. But on the other hand, she wears armor, and wields a sword like any warrior. I like that, and I think that’s quite unique, really, that you can do that. She can, on one hand, be one thing, and literally on the flip of a coin she can turn into this other thing. So I think it should be pretty good – I’d like to think it’s going to be pretty good, anyway.”
When asked how Sanders was handling the technical challenge of transforming full-bodied actors into pint-sized companions, Frost said that the production was employing a combination of physical choreography and computer-generated trickery. “From what I’ve been told, they’re going to use a lot of different techniques and technologies to make it believable and shrink us and stuff like that,” he said.

“I think they’re planning on taking 13 inches out of us, out of our legs and out of our midriffs and stuff, and we also spent two weeks at dwarf camp as well, with an amazing movement coach, just learning how dwarves walk and move and sit down and shake hands and fight; it’s fine looking like a dwarf, but then you start swinging your long arms around and it breaks it, because dwarves aren’t like that. Their arms are short and they walk in a certain way, so it was quite tough keeping that all of the time too.”

Via Kstewartnews | KstewAngel

You just finished filming another movie. Tell me about your experience on Snow White and the Huntsman — or, as the fans call it, SWATH.
SWATH! It was great.

I saw a picture of you and your fellow dwarfs in your dwarf gear and your dwarf hair.
Yeah, they shaved me bald every day just to put hair on me, which was weird. It was like, well, I had hair anyway, and you shaved it all off… to then put a wig on.

You’re in great company with the other seven dwarfs. What was that cast like?
It was fantastic! I got to hang out with Toby Jones, Eddie Marsan, Johnny Harris, Bob Hoskins, Ray Winstone, for God’s sake. I got to just sit around and listen to those guys tell stories.

I like the idea of Kristen Stewart, of all people, sitting in the middle of that group of men — and also the colliding of worlds, your universe and fan base overlapping with Twilight.
Exactly! I was sitting next to Bob Hoskins and Bella Swan!

Please tell me you and Bob Hoskins and Kristen Stewart talked Twilight on set.
Not really. I think she’d be pretty sick to the bloody back teeth of listening about Twilight. On set she’s another actress, and a lot of the time actors just talk about nothing. Talk about shit, they just chew the fat. That’s what you do!

And did you sign on for multiple SWATH films as well?
Three, yeah. We’ll see where it goes. We were talking about it on set the other day, where it would start and what it would be. We’ll have to see how well it does, I guess. But I think we’d all love to do another one. We had a real laugh every day.

movieline |kstewartnews

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...