fredag 6 juni 2014

New Rob Interview with News Australia


“It’s not really about the physicality,’’ said the former Twilight heart-throb today ahead of the red carpet premiere of dystopian Outback thriller The Rover at the Sydney Film Festival on Saturday night.

“Those leading guy roles are all extremely confident characters and I am just not confident. I would feel weird faking that confidence.

“The action guy who does the little quip at the end of killing somebody? I would sound like a psycho.”


Pattinson said he and co-star Guy Pearce, with whose character he forms an uneasy alliance in The Rover, had compared notes.


“We’re not really considered for those normal leading man roles — well, maybe I was for a little period after Twilight. I guess I gravitate towards niche things but also those are the things I get offered.”

Pattinson, who spent a month on location in South Australia while filming David Michod’s hotly-anticipated follow-up to Animal Kingdom, says the closest he is ever likely to come to playing a classic leading man is his role as T.E. Lawrence in Werner Herzog’s Queen of the Desert, which stars Nicole Kidman.

“I was playing Lawrence of Arabia! They are huge shoes to fill,” he said.

“I think it was my most challenging role so far. It was certainly the scariest, even though I only had a few scenes.”

The 28-year-old actor said Kidman was very different to how he expected she would be.

“I guess maybe I saw her as quite untouchable. I was only in Morocco for about 10 days, but she is really funny and super accessible — just hanging out with her kids.
“She was really easy to work with. I really liked her.”


Pattinson, who was photographed coming out of an LA gym immediately prior to boarding the plane to Australia, puts his relatively recent conversion to treadmills down to age.

“When you get to your late 20s, you start turning to fat. It’s crazy. You actually have to think about what you eat. It’s so annoying,” he said. “I thought it would happen a bit later.”


Source: NewsAustralia via: rplife

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...