lördag 3 december 2011

Ashley Greene talks to NY Times

Photobucket
TINA TURNBOW recently chatted with Ashley Greene at a photo shoot for Mark Cosmetics. Greene was warm and easy to talk to, and we were able to touch on many topics in a short amount of time.
T.T.: You are on the go and I’m sure you have some long days. What are the essentials in your bag?
A.G.: Of course I always have my mark staples with me. They’re in my bag now! Make It Go Away Wipes Makeup Removing WipesGood Riddance Hook-Up ConcealerLight Bright Lighten and Depuff Eye Gel and Cheat Sheet Shine Blotters.
T.T.: When do you feel most beautiful?
A.G.: After a great workout. You feel cleansed, destressed and healthy. I feel most beautiful when that rush of endorphins hits. That is a glow that makeup cannot match!
T.T.: When do you feel most sexy?
A.G.: When I have a smoky eye, a tan and am wearing a great pair of high heels.
T.T.: Do you usually stick to one fragrance?
A.G.: I change it up, depending on my mood. I usually choose between mark Celebrate,White Vetiver or Sassy fragrances.
T.T.: Is there a beauty item you’ll splurge on?
A.G.: I will splurge on good skin care. Taking care of my skin is a priority. I’ll spend a lot on a really good brightening mask, which is crucial before a shoot or the red carpet.
T.T.: When you work hard and you’re superbusy, what keeps you grounded?
A.G.: My team. The people you surround yourself with on a daily basis. It’s your support system, and I have a good one.
T.T.: What does your perfect day off consist of?
A.G.: Coming from Florida, I’d have to say kicking back on the beach and listening to the ocean, with some good food and music.
T.T.: Beachy hair or straight?
A.G.: Straight!
T.T.: What products do you use to achieve straight hair?
A.G.: When I’m lucky enough to have Ted Gibson as my hairdresser, that helps! His line of hair products is awesome. I especially like the Hairsheet Styling SheetsBeautiful Hold Hairspray and Tame It Shine Lotion — they work wonders.
T.T.: When you are not working, do you wear much makeup?
A.G.: I prefer to go barefaced. It feels so honest and clean … it’s literally more me! I like to see what my mom and dad gave me whenever possible. If anything, I’ll enhance my lashes with a few individuals at the outer corners, and apply a bit of mascara. A little concealer and a well-shaped brow and I’m ready to go. A good brow really enhances and frames the eyes.
T.T.: What is your mascara of choice?
A.G.: Honestly, I’ve tried many. Lash All You Want Mascara by Mark is really the ultimate mascara.
T.T.: What does your diet consist of?
A.G.: I’m actually quite a foodie. I love a great gourmet meal. In general I stick to greens to stay alkaline, along with fish and chicken. I drink lots of water. I’m always excited to go Europe, because the food is really special.
T.T.: Do you have a favorite treat?
A.G.: I do enjoy an occasional McDonalds ice cream cone … so delicious!
T.T.: What do you aim for with your style?
A.G.: I like to dress in a way that leaves some mystery. I mix masculine and feminine pieces most of the time. And I enjoy classic glamour too.
T.T.: Who is your style icon?
A.G.: Audrey Hepburn. She had such elegance and beauty. Plus she was a great humanitarian. Her internal beauty made her that much more special.
T.T.: Is there an actor you admire?
A.G.: I would say Cate Blanchett. She is so real, effortless and not contrived in any way. Her portrayal of Queen Elizabeth always blows
me away. Also, I really admire Robert Downey Jr. He’s incredibly magnetic, yet simple and easy … genius!

T.T.: You recently filmed a public service announcement, championing a certain cause. Can you tell me a little about that?
A.G.: Yes. It was for m.empowerment by Mark. Its a philanthropic initiative committed to breaking the cycle of dating abuse and partner violence. The 16-24-year-old group experiences the highest rates of partner violence. Mark and I want to help change that statistic.


Source: tmagazine.blogs.nytimes
Through: 247greene

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...