onsdag 1 februari 2012

Elizabeth Reaser Would Like To See A 'Twilight' Musical

Photobucket

From source: Broadway.com
A tongue-in-cheek Twilight musical recently hit the New York stage for one night only, but could the teen vampire books-turned-box office busting films work as a legitimate Broadway musical? Absolutely, according to one of the film’s stars, Elizabeth Reaser, who currently headlines off-Broadway's How I Learned to Drive.

“Oh my God, yeah,” said Reaser, who plays vampire matriarch Esme Cullen in the film franchise, when asked about the idea of a Twilight tuner. “I definitely think [a musical adaptation would work]. It could be romantic and hilarious," she said. "Anything that people connect with in such a deep way could be fun,” explained the stage and screen vet. “It just depends on who is doing it, but I’m all for it."

Now, for the million dollar question: Would Reaser herself have any interest in reprising her role on stage ? “Oh hell no!” Reaser said with a laugh, admitting she does not consider herself a singer. Point taken, but what about her co-stars? ”I don’t know, I mean they’re all singers except me,” she said, before offering one interesting casting suggestion. “Maybe [How I Learned to Drive co-star] Norbert [Leo Butz]?” she mused. “I mean, he’s just such a star.”

Whether or not Twilight ever makes it to the Broadway stage, sexy screen vampire Robert Pattinson is rumored to be showing off his musical skills in the upcoming fifth and final Twilight film. In the meantime, catch Reaser in How I Learned to Drive at Second Stage Theatre, and check back on Broadway.com on February 13 for an in-depth Q&A with the actress.

Source: via @OhMyCarlisle

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...